II Palazzetto Hotel in Rome?

uptowne001

Has anyone ever stayed here while in Rome? From what I read it is a four room boutique hotel across from and associated with The Hassler, but it is like half the price of the Hassler and does have rooms available for our dates. Would love any input anyone has to offer on this hotel. 

Edited by uptowne001

It looks lovely, and the ability to use all of the Hassler's facilities is a nice benefit.  It's a little out of the way so you'll probably spend a little bit of the savings on taxis (at least heading back to the hotel, uphill) but that seems like a small inconvenience.

I can't recall ever seeing anyone mention this place before (hesitate to call it a hotel with only four rooms)!

As a huge nerd regarding all things Roman, the location of this 'palazzetto' looks like the one that was used in the movie "The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone" as the apartment rented by Mrs. Stone.

The location isn't quite 'just across from' the Hassler, but it IS very close. In the photo below, the Hassler is just to the right of the Trinita dei Monti church, and the Palazzetto rooms are on the other side of the Scalinata (steps), just tucked into the corner with the arched windows and a terrace on top:

People are being fined for sitting on the Spanish Steps in Rome.

I have stayed in the vicinity before (at the Intercontinental de la Ville, next door to the Hassler) and the previous poster is right that the location is not quite as central as some others. Also, being so close to the steps, you may get some noise as they are a major gathering place -- although Rome recently started enforcing a rule that there is to be no more sitting, eating and drinking on the steps.  Still, they are normally quite busy. Nonetheless, it sounds like a perfectly charming place and I'd stay there just to try it out. There are plenty of good restaurants nearby as well as most of the designer shopping. 

A little secret I learned when we spent a week at the de la Ville: there are elevators from the bottom of the 135 steps to the top if you are exhausted. If you are facing the steps at the bottom, go just to the left of them and look for the metro entrance. Once inside, there are two elevators in the corridor that will take you to the top. 

Thank you guys so much for the input, it is very helpful!  I have reserved a room here for two days in the beginning of July prior to our cruise on Celebrity Edge.   I will be sure to come back on and let everyone know how it was 🙂

6 hours ago, uptowne001 said:

Thank you guys so much for the input, it is very helpful!  I have reserved a room here for two days in the beginning of July prior to our cruise on Celebrity Edge.   I will be sure to come back on and let everyone know how it was 🙂

Please do -- would love to hear about it!