Has anyone been on the Celebrity Machu Picchu land tour? Questions....

lawgirl

1 hour ago, hiccups said:

Tour companies are allowed, but travel agents are not.  I've found most of my tour recommendations through CC.  It's been a huge help as we've planned all our cruises over the years!

Hey! It’s a travel agency. I think to do what we did (plan a week in Peru with different cities, hotels, tours, transport), it would be a TA. Not sure I have seen a tour like that. This was planned just for the 2 of us based on what we wanted to do.  It wasn’t a package.  If you want a package, I do think Celebrity’s trip is well worth the price from what I read.  We wanted something bespoke.  Good luck.  Sorry I can’t post the TA! 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2019 at 9:05 AM, lawgirl said:

Yes. Actually none are in the US.  Two are worldwide “luxury” companies. The other four were all based just tour operators in Peru or South America.  They were ones recommended on TripAdvisor in forums. I guess maybe because there are only two of us? And we are asking for nice hotels, the nice train, private guides, all flights.  The suggested itineraries do contain a lot of activities and some meals.  But It is still hard to believe they want basically $2000 a day for two of us!  I am kind of at a loss.... 

Why does it have to be "just the 2 of us"?  Can't you find a small group tour that will do it for less.  If you need 2 people, nice hotels,  nice trains, private guide for 2 people etc.,  you have to be prepared to pay the price.

DON

1 hour ago, donaldsc said:

Why does it have to be "just the 2 of us"?  Can't you find a small group tour that will do it for less.  If you need 2 people, nice hotels,  nice trains, private guide for 2 people etc.,  you have to be prepared to pay the price.

DON

Thanks. We just like specific activities and have had hit and miss group tours.  We really enjoyed the flexibility of trips/tours where it was just us.  Anyhow, we booked now and I think we got an excellent itinerary with interesting activities at a good price. It’s less for the two of us than it would have cost to do the group Celebrity tour with similar hotels, but more tailored activities and 2 days at Machu Picchu. It’s certainly a costly trip, but hopefully will be very memorable!!  

We also did the Celebrity MP add-on and loved it.  We had 15 people and two guides - one to handle all the logistics and a second local female anthropologist joined us at Cusco to provide all the information about what we were seeing.  She took us through the local market one morning and we met several of her friends/family.  This was the first time we signed up for a tour since I enjoy setting everything up myself and didn't regret our decision at all.  It was fabulous.

Carolyn