Global Rescue vs. Med Jet?

nini

We are again looking for travel insurance and unfortunately, GeoBlue is still

not available in Washington State.  😕

We are mainly interested in these two companies because we also travel domestically.

Is anyone familiar with Global Rescue? I know many use Med Jet which also offers

International and Domestic policies. 

Comments from anyone who has needed to use either one would be great!

One thing to keep in mind is MedJetAssist (and likely Global Rescue as well) is NOT an insurance company. "Insurance" reimburses for expenses incurred under the terms and conditions of the policy.  MedJetAssist provides a service. That service is to fly to wherever in the world their member is hospitalized (at least 150 miles from their home) and bring them home to the hospital of their choice.

We are members of MedJetAssist and in addition we always have travel insurance policies in place to reimburse us for expenses incurred under the terms and conditions of the policy - which we actually read and understand. Travel insurance and MedJetAssist are two totally different forms of protection, they do not overlap.

On 8/23/2019 at 8:30 PM, nini said:

We are again looking for travel insurance and unfortunately, GeoBlue is still

not available in Washington State.  😕

We are mainly interested in these two companies because we also travel domestically.

Is anyone familiar with Global Rescue? I know many use Med Jet which also offers

International and Domestic policies. 

Comments from anyone who has needed to use either one would be great!

Shorex has given some info about MedJetAssist.

Note that it only "kicks in" AFTER you are already admitted to a hospital as an "inpatient", not ER or Observations, etc.

And it then transports you as described to the hospital of your choice (in your country, I think, for USA members).

It does NOT cover any aspect (or cost) of care at either of the hospitals... just the transportation, by jet ambulance and medical staff if necessary, etc.

I'm not aware that MJA offers separate international and domestic policies. At least for USA based clients, AFAIK, what is required is that one be more than 150 miles from home, as Shorex mentioned.  But I've not seen "international" or "domestic" policies.

Please read all the terms VERY carefully, and also consider contacting a travel insurance broker, as has been suggested on many of the posts on this topic.

GC

Thank you for your input. Medjet offers a Domestic policy and also a Domestic & International policy.

I realize that this is not medical or travel insurance. I could not find much on Global Rescue

but Medjet seems to be mentioned many times on this forum. 

Since we also travel in our RV I thought the Domestic/ International policy would be useful too. 

Our medical is good worldwide but has a limit... so lots to think about.