Price fluctuations

Hi everyone.

I have been looking at different itinerary’s to replace the trip that I have recently had to cancel and the one that has caught my eye is Aegean titans departing Birmingham on 06/11/19. When I first saw it on the 23/08/19 the base price in the online brochure was £801 per person  had a look yesterday 24/08/29 and the price had dropped to £620  per person that is a discount of £360 for a couple how can that be in one day?

marella pricing is a mystery.

Edited by Brummijam
Spellling

It is back up to £729 today

the pricing can change often depending on demand on that day. maybe yesterday is a low demand day because everyone is going away for the weekend, therefore the computer algorithm drops the price.

Edited by davecttr

I have noticed the same thing I usually cruise with P & O to the Caribbean pre-Xmas  each year and although the prices go up and down it is only slightly until nearer the date, I am looking at the 8th December sailing on Explorer 2 Thursday the price was 1473 today its 1634 a difference of 161 not knowing the Marella pricing structure can anyone help? Is this likely to come down again?  and why is this cruise more expensive than the other ones around that date??

we fancy a change from P & O and the AI element appeals  

When I look at cruise prices, I always check at least 2 or 3 convenient airports, as this can have a quite significant effect on price, and will often pay the taxi fare, even if travelling 20 -30 miles further. Unfortunately, winter sailings have fewer airport choices for many cruises.

4 hours ago, Brummijam said:

I have just looked again and the price is showing £916. That’s a £300 pound fluctuation over three days. Wow!!

another price check just four hours later and the base price is now £729.😳

21 minutes ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Difficult to advise but it's a nice itenary and a great ship no luggage problems,  if your insurance will allow and you are OK it may be just the lift you need goog luck anyway 🤞never been that time of year but you can always stay onboard 🍺

Hi PC.

To be honest I am feeling ok now awaiting further tests, but you are correct it all depends on whether the medical insurance will agree with the GPs report.

I will keep looking regardless until I am told otherwise.

keep well.😉

Hi Brumijam, hope you are recovering.  I have often checked prices for comparison but you need to do a dummy run, the base price may come down but then the cabin supplement may have gone up. Therefore the overall cost is often similar in the end. Good luck with your bargain hunting!

1 hour ago, dronnygirl said:

Hi Brumijam, hope you are recovering.  I have often checked prices for comparison but you need to do a dummy run, the base price may come down but then the cabin supplement may have gone up. Therefore the overall cost is often similar in the end. Good luck with your bargain hunting!

Thanks for your kind words Dronnygirl😘

Just chilling in the garden with a cold beer (I should be chilling in Split on deck with a cold beer😭)  But am I bitter?

We can’t book anything until I get the all clear so just being nosy to kill time and stave off boredom.

Have a lovely bank holiday and Keep well.😉

18 hours ago, Brummijam said:

Hi everyone.

I have been looking at different itinerary’s to replace the trip that I have recently had to cancel and the one that has caught my eye is Aegean titans departing Birmingham on 06/11/19. When I first saw it on the 23/08/19 the base price in the online brochure was £801 per person  had a look yesterday 24/08/29 and the price had dropped to £620  per person that is a discount of £360 for a couple how can that be in one day?

marella pricing is a mystery.

So sorry to hear you have been unwell.  Hope you feel better soon and can get back to cruising again when you feel up to it.  

The Aegean cruises are lovely . Hope you get something booked at a reasonably  good price to give you something to look forward too.  Health comes first of course. Take care 

8 hours ago, howmuch! said:

When I look at cruise prices, I always check at least 2 or 3 convenient airports, as this can have a quite significant effect on price, and will often pay the taxi fare, even if travelling 20 -30 miles further. Unfortunately, winter sailings have fewer airport choices for many cruises.

So lucky to have those choices of airports only a short drive away.  We only have Glasgow especially in winter with very little choice.  Nearest alternative is Manchester which can be difficult to get to at times in winter weather conditions especially as we live in the north east.

3 hours ago, nancyneptune said:

So sorry to hear you have been unwell.  Hope you feel better soon and can get back to cruising again when you feel up to it.  

The Aegean cruises are lovely . Hope you get something booked at a reasonably  good price to give you something to look forward too.  Health comes first of course. Take care 

Thanks Nancy.😘

keep well.😉

Edited by Brummijam

thanks for your help I ended up with the Birmingham flight with a saving of £405.00 but an additional cost for train and hotel but happy and really looking forward to something different a knew experience I am sure I will have loads of questions over the coming weeks