Seeking feedback on the Hotel Nazionale, Rome

Turtles06

If you've stayed at the Hotel Nazionale in Rome (or know folks who have), I would appreciate any feedback you can provide on this hotel.  (I've done a search here in the Italy forum and found very little; there are good reviews on Trip Advisor.)   In particular, I am wondering about noise, especially if you have a room facing the Piazza Montecitorio.  And, of course, any other information or advice you care to share would be most welcome!

Thank you!

PS: @cruisemom42  I don't believe this is a hotel you've mentioned, but if you have any thoughts/info, I always appreciate your advice.  (We are, of course, seriously considering the Albergo del Senato, but they don't have anything posted yet for fall 2020.)

Edited by Turtles06

Hello! The world's most popular hotel booking website has 807 ratings, all done by real customers (if not a hotel guest, you can't leave a feedback there...) - the rating is 9 out of 10. The location has been rated 9.8 out of 10. So I think this is quite an excellent choice!

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, singinalot said:

we stayed there last year pre-cruise and loved it!!! the staff is wonderful and the location is perfect. It is quiet because it is right next to government buildings....which also makes it feel safe too.

highly recommend!

Thanks for replying!  One question I have after seeing some reviews on other sites is that people have commented that because of the location (next to Parliament), cabs and other vehicles often are not allowed to drive up to the hotel, and guests had to drag their luggage several blocks.  It doesn't sound like that's always the case, but that would be an issue for us, so I was wondering if you have any info on that.   Thanks again!

1 minute ago, singinalot said:

our private car service had no issues with dropping us off at and picking us up from the door 🙂 I saw taxis stopping there too.

Thanks.  From the reviews, it's clearly not a constant problem, but something that comes up from time to time.  

Did you have a room facing the plaza?  (Since you said things weren't noisy.) 

Thanks again for the help! 

56 minutes ago, singinalot said:

we did have a room facing the plaza and it was fantastic!  I actually did a review which you can read here:

Thank you for posting that link!  I very much enjoyed your photos -- and congrats on your engagement!  (Perhaps you are married by now.  🙂)  What a wonderful surprise your BF pulled off, not just surprising you, but getting it on video, and in such a special location.   You will have fabulous memories for a lifetime... Congrats to you both.

PS: Back when you posted your review, which was before the upgrade of CC last October, whenever the four letters N-A-Z-I appeared together in a word, even in the name of a hotel like the Nazionale, they were automatically censored and replaced by four ****.  (You can see this in comment 9 of your review.)  It made searches difficult.  (Still does for older posts; if I search your review thread for "nazionale," for example, nothing is found.  Only if the search is for "onale."  If a person don't know to do this, she is out of luck.)