Silhouette Itinerary change 1st May

AmandaPrince21

I have just received an email from Celebrity regarding a change in itinerary for my 1st May cruise on Silhouette. Really annoyed that they have removed 2 ports (Vigo, La Coruna) and replaced with another day at sea, replaced 2 days in Bilbao with 1 day in Bilbao and 2 days in Porto, so all in all a complete itinerary change. I booked the cruise to go to Santiago de Compostela from Vigo, so the choice is now to accept the changes or cancel!!

That is a pretty big change.  And not only could you have visited Santiago de Compostela from Vigo, but you also could have done so from La Coruña.  Only you can decide whether the new itinerary is one you want to sail of course.  Sorry about this.

At least you have time to decide. I've been on cruises where a change was announced after I boarded the ship. There is usually a good reason why changes are made. The October 24th Silhouette was changed a short time ago due to maintenance in NY. We lose the second day in NY and go to Boston second rather than first. This means that people who booked shows in NY may be out of luck. Changes come with the territory. I might be interested in your cruise since it follows the TA.

29 minutes ago, Orator said:

The October 24th Silhouette was changed a short time ago due to maintenance in NY. We lose the second day in NY and go to Boston second rather than first.

That's a shame, no doubt.  We were on that TA last year, which was impacted by a huge storm moving across the Atlantic. The evening before sailing, Celebrity notified guests by email that they were cancelling our last port (Nassau) and moving the rest of the ports back a day, to give us time to sail quite far south and miss the worst of the storm.  But at least we did get the overnight and that second full day in NY...  The sailaway from NY is spectacular, and very special on a clear night.  So if the weather is good, stay up to 2am, or set your alarm clock!  Enjoy your crossing!