My thoughts on the Sunrise and carnival after my 8 day cruise from NY

Stick93

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 1:48 PM, Stick93 said:

As the ship returns again today and we have a fresh group of people returning - I would wonder now that the summer is behind up (possibly not for this cruise) if the experience was any different.

I just returned from the Sunrise on Wednesday (9/4). We had a very similar experience with the other passengers that you did; LOTS of very obnoxious, disrespectful, rude teens (as well as many of the adults). We are a family of 4, myself, husband and two teen boys (14 & 17) and even my boys were amazed by the behavior of the other kids. Our cabin was on deck 11 (under the serenity deck where you would think it would be somewhat quite), on the last night there was a large group of teens (25-30) who were up there all night running wild, screaming and yelling (very vulgar language) also running down our hallway.

The pools & hot tubs were incredibly overcrowded, but no more than any other ship I've been on. That said, again it was the bad behavior of the passengers that stood out (rude & obnoxious).

As for the ship itself, I guess I'm just not very particular; there were things that weren't great but it really didn't bother me at all. We didn't experience longer lines on the buffet than any other ship, although at times finding a seat was difficult. I think my biggest complaint was the air conditioning, there were times it was so hot both in our room and on Lido by all the tables.

The cruise director definitely made our cruise!! He was so entertaining, and brought the diverse crowd together. 

My older son met 3 nice kids at the club that he spent some time with, but my younger son said the kids were so bad he never went back to his club (so he spent most of his time with us which he was fine with). Overall, we had a great vacation.

1 minute ago, MrsGrohl said:

I just returned from the Sunrise on Wednesday (9/4). We had a very similar experience with the other passengers that you did; LOTS of very obnoxious, disrespectful, rude teens (as well as many of the adults). We are a family of 4, myself, husband and two teen boys (14 & 17) and even my boys were amazed by the behavior of the other kids. Our cabin was on deck 11 (under the serenity deck where you would think it would be somewhat quite), on the last night there was a large group of teens (25-30) who were up there all night running wild, screaming and yelling (very vulgar language) also running down our hallway.

The pools & hot tubs were incredibly overcrowded, but no more than any other ship I've been on. That said, again it was the bad behavior of the passengers that stood out (rude & obnoxious).

As for the ship itself, I guess I'm just not very particular; there were things that weren't great but it really didn't bother me at all. We didn't experience longer lines on the buffet than any other ship, although at times finding a seat was difficult. I think my biggest complaint was the air conditioning, there were times it was so hot both in our room and on Lido by all the tables.

The cruise director definitely made our cruise!! He was so entertaining, and brought the diverse crowd together. 

My older son met 3 nice kids at the club that he spent some time with, but my younger son said the kids were so bad he never went back to his club (so he spent most of his time with us which he was fine with). Overall, we had a great vacation.

Yes AC was an issue - happy you had a great trip

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2019 at 6:42 AM, MrsGrohl said:

As avid cruisers for a number of years, who cruise one to three times per year, across five different lines to date, it is my observation that there has been a general decline in decorum which seems to have accelerated in the past couple years. While it is present, in my opinion, across the industry, Carnival seems to have attracted more than their fair share of 'problem cruisers'. Perhaps it is the concentration on marketing short booze cruises promoting the cheers packages which encourages excess drinking, which leads to less than stellar behavior. I fully understand the necessity of promoting the profit making aspects of the product in order to keep the entry prices lower, but at some point a higher entry cost, with less emphasis on alcohol consumption might be desirable. I base this opinion on my observation that on longer duration cruises, especially the journey cruises (of which we have been on several) the atmosphere is considerably different. Recognizing that Carnival is the Fun Ship line, it just means one needs to do their research, and understand what they are likely to encounter before booking.

• Like 2