Another way to spend your money if leaving from PortMiami!

amyotravel

Hey good morning

Has anyone noticed this in the FAQs? 🙂

3DMe by Carnival

Carnival has partnered with Solidiphy, a 3D printing company, to bring you the future of cruise ship memories!  Through our patent pending technology, we are able to capture your image in 3D and create a mini replica of you!  What better way to remember your awesome cruise than with a 3D statue of you, your family and friends!

3DMe is currently offered at PortMiami. 

Products:
  • Figurines (1 or 2 people)
  • Mini Heads
  • Bobble Heads
For prices, additional information and support, follow this link - https://carnival.solidiphy.com/

Contact Information
Email - info@solidiphy.com
Phone - 585 413-9290
Address - 205 Humboldt Street, Rochester, NY 14610

3 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

I've seen these available in catalogues before (not cruise related).  A little creepy.  No thanks.

I would never do it either. Just had a good laugh at it today. Plus, I would have to ask them to do some shaving down in some places if you know what I mean. Probably an extra charge for that as well. Reminds me of the Big Bang Theory episode where two of the characters bought a 3D printer and the first thing they wanted to do after they made a whistle was make figurines of themselves. One of them wanted to do just what I said about making some improvements!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hold the phones, y'all: ShakyBeef is getting another BRILLIANT idea:classic_biggrin:...

My DH already owns a high-end 3D printer.  It's not too big, and we drive to our cruises.  We could set up his printer outside of the cruise port (not Miami - let Carnival have Miami) and sell these creepy -errr- I mean fabulous little things to our fellow boarding PAX.  Right alongside my Carnival Cutback Alleviation Kits (patent pending, all rights reserved, property of ShakyBeefandJimbo Corp.).  We're gonna be super RICH!🤑

Edited by ShakyBeef
spelled my own darned name wrong!

12 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

Only drawback I see to my plan is that it takes, like, 30 hours to print some of the more complicated items on the 3D printer.  Hmmm, gonna have to think about the logistics of that.🤔

I wonder if they start the process at the beginning when you board and then when you return to Miami at the end you pick it up?

Just now, amyotravel said:

I wonder if they start the process at the beginning when you board and then when you return to Miami at the end you pick it up?

I'm guessing they ship them to your home after taking your pictures.

Just now, amyotravel said:

That could be it, too. Requires a fair amount of trust! 😉

True.  I'm not sure about Carnival.  But DH has a pretty trustworthy look to him.  Strangers boarding a ship will probably be willing to give him their home address as well as their money.