PPBP - 1st Hand Experience with Starbucks Wanted

albertamom

We are sailing on the Encore Transatlantic in November, and are thinking that with no ports, this may be the perfect time to try upgrading to the PPBP.  The bottled water, upgraded wines and spirits, as well as bottles of wine at dinner would all be a benefit, but the inclusion of specialty coffee would probably be the biggest benefit for us.

I have read in other threads about people "hearing" that coffee at actual Starbucks stores onboard is not included, whereas the Starbucks coffee served on ships without an actual Starbucks store is included.

Can anyone tell me if they have been able to use the PPBP at Starbucks onboard? 

2 hours ago, aero777 said:

Yes, we were on the Joy in May and our PPBP was accepted at both of the actual Starbuck stores on the ship.

2 hours ago, roxette said:

I will be sailing on the Getaway this thursday, with the premium plus package. I promise to get back to you just after boarding on thursday. 

2 hours ago, aero777 said:

Thank you both so much!  We're both just fine with regular coffee with our meals, but a few lattes and iced coffees throughout the day would be lovely.  (Yes, we love our coffee!) :classic_biggrin:

Most people focus on the value of the alcohol included in the PPBP, which is, of course, the main component of the package, but for a coffee lover there's real value there as well.  I definitely wouldn't drink $30 a day in Starbucks coffee, but with bottled water, a nice bottle of wine with dinner and an upgraded cocktail here and there, I'm there easily! :classic_biggrin:👍