Rx Meds: Restrictions/Permissions needed for New Zealand & Australia?

GeezerCouple

I'm having some difficulty finding official/governmental information about requirements for arriving in New Zealand (by air) and then Australia (arriving by ship) with Rx and perhaps also OTC meds.

What I'm looking for is some sort of list or other instructions about any Rx medication restrictions, such a those requiring advance permissions or only allowed in limited quantities, etc.

Thus far, the only country that we've needed to deal with officially in this way was Japan.  It was very straightforward, in terms of which meds, any quantity limitations, and also how to submit online documentation for any that required advance permission.  Those permissions came back in less than 24 hours, thanks to email submissions... very easy.

Also, any other general suggestions about prescription or OTC meds in those two countries?  We'll have everything in originally labelled containers, with copies of the Rx forms, and also physician's letter documenting the medical need.  We also bring things like Benedryl, etc., in original labeled containers.

Can anyone provide a link to the official information for each of these countries?

Many thanks!

GC

33 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

I'm having some difficulty finding official/governmental information about requirements for arriving in New Zealand (by air) and then Australia (arriving by ship) with Rx and perhaps also OTC meds.

What I'm looking for is some sort of list or other instructions about any Rx medication restrictions, such a those requiring advance permissions or only allowed in limited quantities, etc.

Thus far, the only country that we've needed to deal with officially in this way was Japan.  It was very straightforward, in terms of which meds, any quantity limitations, and also how to submit online documentation for any that required advance permission.  Those permissions came back in less than 24 hours, thanks to email submissions... very easy.

Also, any other general suggestions about prescription or OTC meds in those two countries?  We'll have everything in originally labelled containers, with copies of the Rx forms, and also physician's letter documenting the medical need.  We also bring things like Benedryl, etc., in original labeled containers.

Can anyone provide a link to the official information for each of these countries?

Many thanks!

GC

Thanks to another post elsewhere, I've found the information for Australia.

But I would still greatly appreciate information about New Zealand policies, etc.

And any general suggestions are welcome, of course.

Many thanks!

GC

11 minutes ago, ozscotart said:

https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/regulation-health-and-disability-system/medicines-control/bringing-medicines-new-zealand

I found this via smartraveller.gov.au the Australian government site, which over many years I’ve found more reliable about foreign countries.

Terrific!

This is the type of information I was seeking.

Thanks so much!

GC