Embarkation question

bluesplayer

New to NCL booked in mimi suite room departing in Quebec City.  Our check in time is listed at 10  - 1030.  How long until the ship actually starts boarding??  Are the staterooms ready??   Much thanks..

Edited by bluesplayer

Staterooms likely won't be ready until later in the day. I haven't ever embarked out of Quebec, but out of other ports, boarding itself has usually begun between 11:00 and 11:30. Rooms were usually ready around 1:30.

You mention your "boarding time" is listed as 10:00-10:30... do you mean your check-in time?

6 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Staterooms likely won't be ready until later in the day. I haven't ever embarked out of Quebec, but out of other ports, boarding itself has usually begun between 11:00 and 11:30. Rooms were usually ready around 1:30.

You mention your "boarding time" is listed as 10:00-10:30... do you mean your check-in time?

Thank you for the information..  I edited my post.  I did mean check in time.  Thank you for pointing that out.

Lunch should be available beginning at 11:00 or 11:30 on the ship. The buffet, O'sheehan's/The Local, and one of the main dining rooms will be serving lunch. My usual routine is to board, go directly to O'sheehan's/The Local for lunch (maybe getting a drink from the bar first), enjoying my lunch at a leisurely pace. The if rooms aren't ready, I will do a little walking around/exploring and maybe get another drink. Then I will get to my room once available, drop off my carry-on items, leave a note with any special instructions for my room steward, and then go out for more exploring.

Checked luggage usually won't arrive in your room until the evening, so if you plan to do any swimming, make sure your swim gear is in your carry-on.