NCL Joy Angled Balconies

Robkat

On 1/18/2022 at 1:19 PM, vacation44 said:

It is a Haven cabin called "Haven Penthouse Suite with Balcony".  The port side version is cabin 14178 which my husband and I will be in in a few weeks.      I read a few reviews on the cabin and they were all very, very positive.    The extra balcony space sold me.  

We stayed in this cabin over Christmas, it’s my new favorite cabin!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

11202 will look just like 11802 (balcony forward of an angled balcony). It's not PrivaSea even though the deck plan has the symbol. The picture in post #8 shows the balcony for 11802.

It looks like there's a heavier divider between the balcony and the one behind it. That might be why they've called it PrivaSea.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mandalay5 said:

We stayed in this cabin over Christmas, it’s my new favorite cabin!

Thank you!     We (actually me because my husband does not know I upgraded last month to this Haven cabin) are really looking forward to it.  The cabin does seem perfect.   Did you have a lounge chair on the balcony?  I am going to request two lounge chairs and have them take away a chair if need be.

On 1/18/2022 at 1:19 PM, vacation44 said:

It is a Haven cabin called "Haven Penthouse Suite with Balcony".  The port side version is cabin 14178 which my husband and I will be in in a few weeks.      I read a few reviews on the cabin and they were all very, very positive.    The extra balcony space sold me.  

My wife and I have 14778 booked for our cruise in September.  I studied the Haven-level accommodations on NORWEGIAN JOY thoroughly when we planned the cruise and found the same wealth of positive info about both 14178 and 14778 (the suites are mirror images of each other).  I told our TA to book either one.

Fingers crossed that you and we have both made good choices.  I think we have.

19 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Thank you!     We (actually me because my husband does not know I upgraded last month to this Haven cabin) are really looking forward to it.  The cabin does seem perfect.   Did you have a lounge chair on the balcony?  I am going to request two lounge chairs and have them take away a chair if need be.

I was wondering the same thing about the lounge chairs, as we booked this cabin next month.  I’m sure it won’t be a problem but don’t know if I should let them know ahead of time or wait until we get on board?

8 minutes ago, WAHMto5 said:

I was wondering the same thing about the lounge chairs, as we booked this cabin next month.  I’m sure it won’t be a problem but don’t know if I should let them know ahead of time or wait until we get on board?

I am going to make my request prior.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, WAHMto5 said:

Let the Haven concierge know in advance, and it will be made so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CDR Benson said:

My wife and I have 14778 booked for our cruise in September.  I studied the Haven-level accommodations on NORWEGIAN JOY thoroughly when we planned the cruise and found the same wealth of positive info about both 14178 and 14778 (the suites are mirror images of each other).  I told our TA to book either one.

I do believe we both made good choices!   I will definitely report back when I see it first hand .

7 hours ago, WAHMto5 said:

We asked our butler when we got to the room and the loungers were there within 30 minutes. The two loungers easily fit in the bump out and we keep the chairs/table on the other half. My favorite times were sitting in the lounger with a gorgeous forward view!

0E1C6ADE-CC95-4E41-83C1-646F4B72246A.jpeg

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Mandalay5 said:

We asked our butler when we got to the room and the loungers were there within 30 minutes. The two loungers easily fit in the bump out and we keep the chairs/table on the other half. My favorite times were sitting in the lounger with a gorgeous forward view!

Thank you!    Seems perfect.

3 hours ago, Mandalay5 said:

Thank you!  Great photo, can’t wait!

• 1 year later...
On 1/21/2022 at 9:02 AM, CDR Benson said:

What did you think of these cabins on the Joy? I have read many of your posts and respect your opinion. We are currently booked in 14800 and thinking of moving to this one for the angled balcony and wondering if there really is extra space.

14178 on the Joy has been one of my favorite NCL cabins. Loved the extra space on the balcony. It was a bit different to be outside the Haven courtyard but not a deal breaker- we got used to going back and forth in our robes 😉

3 hours ago, lsfla said:

What did you think of these cabins on the Joy? I have read many of your posts and respect your opinion. We are currently booked in 14800 and thinking of moving to this one for the angled balcony and wondering if there really is extra space.

I take your words very kindly.

HI suite # 14778 and its "mirror image" on the port side, # 14178, are the two best staterooms on the ship---for all the reasons I've detailed on other threads.  The angled balcony does afford some extra space---the added room isn't that expansive, but it does allow one to see a bit forward, because it protrudes slightly.

In fact, we've booked # 14778 on Norwegian Joy again for a cruise in 2024.  (We'd have booked it for this year, but this year we're scheduled to sail with Regent Seven Seas.)  

The only virtue the suite you've booked, # 14800, lacks is the angled balcony.  It's almost as near to the elevators as # 14778.  I wouldn't bother to change your accommodation to # 14778 unless you can get it for the same price as you're paying, now.

Either # 14800 or # 14778, you'll enjoy your digs.  Enjoy your cruise!

4 hours ago, lsfla said:

As @CDR Benson states, 14778 and 14178 are my favorite cabins too.