NCL Joy Angled Balconies

Robkat

For anyone who has sailed on the Joy in an angled balcony, in the deck plans, both in the brochure and online, they show the 

numerous angled balconies differently from how they show them on other ships.  

We've been in a few of the angled balconies on other ships, and they show in the deck plans as angled and when you get into your 

cabin, they are angled (which gives slightly more space out there).

But, they are shown differently for the Joy.

So, specifically for cabins 10806 and 20206, if anyone has been in these cabins, can you let us know whether the balcony is 

actually angled or whether these slightly different deck plans are correct and it's just a straight-across balcony.

Thanks for any help.

Anybody have any feedback about these angled balconies on the Joy?

We're trying to decide whether we should book one of them or not, but if they aren't angled, we'd find another location.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Robkat said:

So, specifically for cabins 10806 and 20206, if anyone has been in these cabins, can you let us know whether the balcony is actually angled or whether these slightly different deck plans are correct and it's just a straight-across balcony.

My guess would be that 10206/10806 are angled on Joy as 10184/10784 are angled on Bliss. 

You won't have any chance to book 20206. :classic_tongue:

Duh!  My bad!

And I always roll my eyes at people who obviously haven't proof-read their emails!

Still holding out hope that someone who has actually been in one of these angled balconies on the Joy might reply.  🤞

We really like the angled balconies, but if it's just a straight,  I think we'd prefer to be a little further away from the elevators.  

• 2 years later...

I'm getting frustrated with my NCL PCC.  I want to book 14878which is an angled balcony. The PCC is telling me that it's a Privasea balcony

I did a search and see no definitive evidence of this? Can anyone here tell me if they know if there are ANY of these hulled 'privasea' balconies on the Joy?

Edited by halos

1 hour ago, ColeThornton said:

Just look at a picture of the ship, should be easy to spot.

Thanks, I have. I see nothing that looks like a hull balcony. I was just trying to validate this as my PCC is insisting that it is and my confirmation states "this is an enclosed balcony"

I'm also a member on ccruisedeckplans.com and could find nothing that makes it look like the angled balconies are privasea or covered in any way and it is not mentioned in the details. Thus, my frustration. I was hoping someone here had once occupied one of these on either deck 14 or 15 and could confirm for me.

42 minutes ago, halos said:

Thanks, I have. I see nothing that looks like a hull balcony. I was just trying to validate this as my PCC is insisting that it is and my confirmation states "this is an enclosed balcony"

I'm also a member on ccruisedeckplans.com and could find nothing that makes it look like the angled balconies are privasea or covered in any way and it is not mentioned in the details. Thus, my frustration. I was hoping someone here had once occupied one of these on either deck 14 or 15 and could confirm for me.

I see that the deck plan has the deck_legend_priva-sea_010917.png symbol in many places where it shouldn't be. The deck plan also doesn't have the symbol where it should be. For Joy, the PrivaSea balconies are the Haven Suites directly under the bridge (13108/13708).

ncljoy_2-fill-800x450.jpg

Look for the oval-shaped partially enclosed balcony. 

NorFor137-81300-1577826041.webp

Edited by Two Wheels Only

3 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I see that the deck plan has the deck_legend_priva-sea_010917.png symbol in many places where it shouldn't be. The deck plan also doesn't have the symbol where it should be. For Joy, the PrivaSea balconies are the Haven Suites directly under the bridge (13108/13708).

ncljoy_2-fill-800x450.jpg

Look for the oval-shaped partially enclosed balcony. 

NorFor137-81300-1577826041.webp

Thank you 🙏

I stayed in an angled on deck 9 on Bliss, I don’t have a picture on my right now, but I go on a higher deck vs 9/10. The 9/10 angled balconies would probably have the waterfront overhang directly underneath them, which is kind of a meh balcony view and can be noisy 

On 1/15/2022 at 9:38 PM, Sailing12Away said:

This is a photo someone took of 14778, not sure if it helps, but the balcony most definitely is angled and gives you a smidge more room. I'll be in this cabin a year from now...

Capture2.JPG

Capture.JPG

Thanks. I knew the PCC was wrong. I just wanted it validated. I appreciate all your responses very much!

It is a Haven cabin called "Haven Penthouse Suite with Balcony".  The port side version is cabin 14178 which my husband and I will be in in a few weeks.      I read a few reviews on the cabin and they were all very, very positive.    The extra balcony space sold me.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

It is a Haven cabin called "Haven Penthouse Suite with Balcony".  The port side version is cabin 14178 which my husband and I will be in in a few weeks.      I read a few reviews on the cabin and they were all very, very positive.    The extra balcony space sold me.  

That makes more sense.

When I pull up the Joy Deck plans on NCL, it shows that in the color Red which didn't match with the Havens.   (Maybe my computer is color-blind?)

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/joy/deck-plans#dsr3

3 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

That makes more sense.

When I pull up the Joy Deck plans on NCL, it shows that in the color Red which didn't match with the Havens.   (Maybe my computer is color-blind?)

Your computer is not color blind--it is showing up as red.   I think it used to be categorized as a suite, then was switch over to a Haven category during the refit.  But, I do know it is now considered a HI cabin.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

That makes more sense.

4 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Your computer is not color blind--it is showing up as red.   I think it used to be categorized as a suite, then was switch over to a Haven category during the refit.  But, I do know it is now considered a HI cabin.

The deck plans still have some color issues from when the HI/HJ categories were Concierge class (no Haven access). That's why it was hard for me to count the total number of Haven staterooms. The colors didn't match the codes. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/5/2019 at 11:50 AM, Robkat said:

For anyone who has sailed on the Joy in an angled balcony, in the deck plans, both in the brochure and online, they show the 

numerous angled balconies differently from how they show them on other ships.  

We've been in a few of the angled balconies on other ships, and they show in the deck plans as angled and when you get into your 

cabin, they are angled (which gives slightly more space out there).

But, they are shown differently for the Joy.

So, specifically for cabins 10806 and 20206, if anyone has been in these cabins, can you let us know whether the balcony is 

actually angled or whether these slightly different deck plans are correct and it's just a straight-across balcony.

Thanks for any help.

We were in room 11918 in Alaska in June 2019.  The balcony was large and angled so the view was toward the front of the ship.  It was warm enough in June to enjoy sitting outside, so we asked our stateroom attendant to swap out the chairs for loungers.  The room is near the aft elevators, but the frequently reported vibrations felt by passengers in Joy aft staterooms were not a problem in our room.

4 hours ago, vacation44 said:

That's what sold us too. You'll have to let me know how it is, we're on the island too 🙂 . We were hoping to ask for at least 1 lounger to be put out there since there seemed to be enough space for it. 

1 hour ago, Sailing12Away said:

That's what sold us too. You'll have to let me know how it is, we're on the island too 🙂 . We were hoping to ask for at least 1 lounger to be put out there since there seemed to be enough space 

I did see pictures with a lounger, two chairs and a small table.  We are going for two loungers--willing to give up a chair if needed. 

Will definitely report back!

2 hours ago, Snowrose said:

We just booked 11202 on the Joy, which is also listed as a Privasea balcony. Can't really get a good picture of the side of the ship to get an idea of what the balcony would look like.

11202 will look just like 11802 (balcony forward of an angled balcony). It's not PrivaSea even though the deck plan has the symbol. The picture in post #8 shows the balcony for 11802.

Does anyone have pictures of Joy cabins 8146 or 8746? 

(My internet search hasn't found anything for these two)

They are MC cabins next to the M6 Large Balcony cabins.   It's hard to tell from the deck plans, but it would appear they probably have a larger balcony angled off of the row of M6 cabins.

Or does does someone have a close up outside picture of that section of the Joy showing those balconies?