2 BR AquaTheater Suite or Grand Panoramic?

Hi All!

We have been on several cruises, including a couple of Sky class Grand suites, but this will be our first experience in Star Class and we want to make it as wonderful as possible.  Right now we are booked in the 2 bedroom ATS on Harmony which looks really neat.  My only concern is privacy/noise from the shows below.  We tend to be folks that enjoy whiling away the hours sitting and enjoying staring out into the ocean from our balcony.  Though the ATS balcony looks huge, is most of that space overlooking the theater area?  Or is there still plenty of oceanside space? And can people sit and stare at you relaxing on your balcony all the time? Not that we are doing anything nefarious out there but it seems weird if we will be "on display" all week.  For those of you that have sailed in this type of cabin what were your thoughts about it and pros and cons?

Also, we have the option of upgrading to the Grand Panoramic Suite which has a little hot tub for another $1,456.  This doesn't on the surface seem to be worth it to me given the jump in price, although the hot tub is quite intriguing.  Any thoughts or suggestions on whether this would, in fact, be an upgrade that is worth it or are we better off where we are?

Lastly, we would be very interested in any Star Class tips/tricks or ideas of things to ask for that you may want to share as we are new to this whole Star thing.

Thank you all SO much!!

I can't speak on the GPS & we will be in the 2 bdr ATS for the first time in 3 weeks. So I'm not much help in choosing. Have been in SLS prior. You will love the Star perks! In-suite lunch on debarkation day is a favorite.  Also, Starbucks delivered first thing in the morning is another great one!

I would select the panoramic suite certainly based upon the location on the ship.  When we had the two bedroom aquatheater suite we found it to be a very long way off. There was only one room attendant and you will have two up on deck 17. The noise from the aqua theater was certainly there at night but it was never bothersome however.  

We've never stayed in the panoramic suite, however we have done the crown lofts and star lofts and really enjoy the service level and seclusion up on 17. 

The other consideration is how many people you have in your party. You will have two bathrooms with the aqua theater suite.  I don't know how many bathrooms are in the grand panoramic? 

Regarding the star class service I would just make sure that you communicate what you really want to your Genie.

Either way sounds like you have some wonderful choices to make!

Good luck,

Steve 

I have stayed in the 2 bdr ATS and the 4 bed Presidential suite on the Harmony/Symphony.

I assume you mean the GP Suite on another ship as the Harmony doesn't have the GP Suite.

The ATS is noisy when there is a show on in the aquatheatre, but from memory this only ran late for a couple of hours in over a week's cruise.

The ATS balcony does have views all round. You aren't that visible except to people in the ATS on the other side.

Having our own hot tub in the 4 bed suite was awesome. It got used constantly.

I think the main reason to choose one room over the other though is the number of people in the party and who they are You can have more than 4 people in the ATS, I think that 4 is the maximum in the Panoramic suite and even then 2 of them will need to use a sofa bed.

So a lot depends on whether you want a hot tub or a separate bedroom for extra people. If they are your kids I might be tempted by the hot tub of the GPS, if you are two couples I might be tempted by the extra bedroom of the ATS.

Edited:

If it is your kids I would prob go for the GP Suite. It has 2 bathrooms.

Edited by alistairg