Southampton - hotel with long stay parking

terry2

Hi, we are going to go on the Explorer at the end of the month from Southampton.  This is the first time we have cruised from Southampton (we used to live 'up north'), so don't know the area. 

We prefer to stay in a hotel  the night before; one where we can leave the car until we return. Do you know of any suitable hotels - especially if you have used them?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by terry2
correction

You are spoilt for choice in Southampton, depending where you want to be and your price point.  I too have used the Holiday Inn, which is generally my first choice.  Within the City Centre however there is also the Leonardo Grand Harbour Hotel, Mercure Dolphin, Novotel & Ibis - although I am not sure how much security the last two now have in their Car Park.  A small but popular hotel with parking on the North side of the city is Elizabeth House.  Slightly further north on the outskirts of the city is the Hilton Doubletree and slightly further out again on the road to Romsey is the Best Western Chilworth Manor, a Country-House-style hotel.  They all seem to provide transfers if you book parking.

Back in the city there is also a Premier Inn at West Quay which I believe will do a parking package but they use the adjacent multi-storey public car park.

There will be others too!

Good luck with choosing 😁

• 4 weeks later...

Just for completeness.  I ended up staying at the Holiday Inn, Eastleigh before the cruise. They too included B&B, parking, and taxis to and from the cruise terminal.   They are also easy to find, being just off the M3.