Pride: Where are we goin'?

Shelli

Thanks for your input, everyone! I'm glad Half Moon Cay is good to go, but I'd already figured that. It's what is substituting for Freeport (where I didn't really want to go anyway, but of course I feel awful for the residents) that I'm wondering. I'm thinking it'll be either Amber Cove in the DR or Key West, which I love and hope to get to!

• Like 1

We are on the Oct 13th cruise on the Pride.  We are assuming (if there are no more storms that affect it) that we'll do Grand Turks and Princess Cay, as scheduled. Pretty obvious we won't be going to Freeport - unless they are still dropping off supplies.  But Princess Cay would not take us closer to Amber Cay or Key West.  I'll be curious to know - but no matter what, it'll be fine.

We’re scheduled to go on the Pride on the 6th as well. When I called Carnival to find out since we booked an excursion in Freeport, they advised me that they would most likely substitute Nassau...but the final decision had not yet been made. Wherever we go it really doesn’t matter to me as long as I am with family and friends...and can relax.

Just now, Susan in Maine said:

We're on the Liberty on 9/23 and just got notification of the new itinerary. We're staying in Nassau overnight and then having a sea day. Which is fine by me! I love sea days!!

Just got it too. I'm a little disappointed. But hey, its still a whole lot better than going to work!!!

2 hours ago, Rayvetta said:

Just got it too. I'm a little disappointed. But hey, its still a whole lot better than going to work!!!

I can understand that. However, since I'm traveling with a broken right foot, I'm not sure I would have gone off the ship in Freeport anyway. 

Yep - any day on a cruise is better than a day at work!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2019 at 5:55 PM, Shelli said:

Thanks for your input, everyone! I'm glad Half Moon Cay is good to go, but I'd already figured that. It's what is substituting for Freeport (where I didn't really want to go anyway, but of course I feel awful for the residents) that I'm wondering. I'm thinking it'll be either Amber Cove in the DR or Key West, which I love and hope to get to!

I can't see either of these ports due to how long it takes to get back to Baltimore.  Maybe Port Canaveral, but likely an extra sea day.

Since most people don't seem to like Freeport as a stop, an extra sea day isn't a bad thing (except for a few sales that are offered on port days).