Anthem or Bliss in February or March 2020

Mira28

I am having trouble deciding on which cruise to book, Anthem of the Seas or Norwegian Bliss. I would be traveling with my adult son and most likely would choose an Oceanview cabin. We enjoy drinks, good music and shows, but also hope to find some peaceful areas on the ship to relax, read, and gaze at the water. Does RCL offer any deals on their beverage packages? The NCL free at sea promotion is, of course, very enticing. But what arethoughts of experienced cruisers about chosing between these two ships. The Itineraries are quite similar.

I have cruised on Carnival in the past. This will be my son's first cruise.

Thanks!

I've never cruised on NCL before so I can neither recommend or say negative about the Bliss you might consider going to the NCL boards and ask those who have sailed on the Bliss about any pros or con. My wife and I have sailed on RCL three times, Twice on the Navigator of the Seas and the Oasis. We love RCL and Carnival equally but each has its strong points but after all is said and done, the fact, we LOVE to cruise ! Iknow I haven't been much help here I hope others can be of more help. I hope which line you chose, NCL/RCCL you and your son wll have a WONDEFUL cruise ! Hopefully, this will start him on a LONG lovely life time of cruising.

Mac 

5 hours ago, SmoothFlying said:

I've never cruised on NCL before so I can neither recommend or say negative about the Bliss you might consider going to the NCL boards and ask those who have sailed on the Bliss about any pros or con. My wife and I have sailed on RCL three times, Twice on the Navigator of the Seas and the Oasis. We love RCL and Carnival equally but each has its strong points but after all is said and done, the fact, we LOVE to cruise ! Iknow I haven't been much help here I hope others can be of more help. I hope which line you chose, NCL/RCCL you and your son wll have a WONDEFUL cruise ! Hopefully, this will start him on a LONG lovely life time of cruising.

Mac 

Thank you! I’m pretty sure he’ll love it regardless of the one we choose. I think you’re right that each will have its positive aspects. (It does seem surprising that many of the reviews on here of both ships are rather negative).

However, we’re thrilled at the chance to do it and to be able to spend time together. Just being able to sail out of NY/NJ is a BIG plus for us!

Thanks again for responding.🌞

45 minutes ago, Mira28 said:

It does seem surprising that many of the reviews on here of both ships are rather negative).

Mira,

Sad to say, and I hate to generalize but it seems MOST of the people who do submit a cruise review about ANY ship or cruise line are going too do nothing BUT constantly harp and complain about everything ! Just take their critical remarks with a grain of salt. As I tell my wife, 'SOME people, you can NOT please, no matter what you do, they're going to find SOMETHING to complain about'. Just relax and yall have a GREAT cruise and don't worry naysayers here.

Mac