September 1st Harmony of the Seas cancelled but have not been refunded

Raindrops27

Hi all, 

I was one of the cruisers that cancelled the September 1st sailing on the Harmony of the Seas. (Due to Dorian/cruise being shortened). I cancelled August 30th, but have not been refunded. I’ve spoken with 3 representatives two told me my refund was processed incorrectly and they fixed it and the monies will be released to my account in 3-5 days. Never received the funds.

Another rep today told me the monies were just posted while I was on the phone, give it a day to post. She also noted, my pre-paid activities she would process a refund today and those will take 5-7 business days to post. 

I’m trying to see if anyone else is having the same trouble being reimbursed, for this sailing?

I'm having trouble getting my money refunded too.  I cancelled on August 30 and was told it would take 7-10 days for my precruise on board charges to be refunded.  Last Thursday, September 12 i was refunded the the gratuities and taxes and port charges.  I was also refunded about $600 which didn't add up to any combination of my charges to be refunded. I called and after being on the phone for almost an hour, was told that the charges are refunded piecemeal but the very nice person I talked to said all my credits were in the process of being refunded to my credit card.  She told me it would take a few days.

Yesterday when I still hadn't received any more refunded I called again and after about 30 minutes of waiting I was told that they were investigating my refund. I'm losing my patience.  I told the rep you have over $2,000 of my money and now you're investigating.  Then he told me about $1,500 had been refunded to my credit card yesterday.  Hopefully that shows up in my credit card statement today.  

Even with what has supposedly been refunded, it still doesn't add up to what should be refunded so they are investigating...again. It should not take 3 weeks for me to get my money back, especially when I got my FCC 2 days after I cancelled. 

I'm having trouble getting my money refunded too.  I cancelled on August 30 and was told it would take 7-10 days for my precruise on board charges to be refunded.  Last Thursday, September 12 i was refunded the the gratuities and taxes and port charges.  I was also refunded about $600 which didn't add up to any combination of my charges to be refunded. I called and after being on the phone for almost an hour, was told that the charges are refunded piecemeal but the very nice person I talked to said all my credits were in the process of being refunded to my credit card.  She told me it would take a few days.

Yesterday when I still hadn't received any more refunded I called again and after about 30 minutes of waiting I was told that they were investigating my refund. I'm losing my patience.  I told the rep you have over $2,000 of my money and now you're investigating.  Then he told me about $1,500 had been refunded to my credit card yesterday.  Hopefully that shows up in my credit card statement today.  

Even with what has supposedly been refunded, it still doesn't add up to what should be refunded so they are investigating...again. It should not take 3 weeks for me to get my money back, especially when I got my FCC 2 days after I cancelled. 

Soccermom,

Good morning, thanks for the reply! I just checked my account and I’ve just received a portion of my refund so I take it, the rest will be posting soon. I’m usually very short on patience . But, I’ve been trying not to lose patience, as I know, so many have lost  their lives, and so much more in that terrible storm. So, that’s been my perspective. Because if I don’t think on that, I wouldn’t be a happy camper at all. 

I hope the remainder of our monies will post soon. Again, thank you for your post.

I completely agree that the most important part of all of this is the safety of those who were in the hurricane's path and the true tragedy is all who were affected and sadly lost their lives in the hurricane.  It does put all of this in perspective.

I just got off the phone with Royal Caribbean and after another hour on the phone all is correct and the amount they still owe me should be posted in 7-10 days.

Now I can spend this on the cruise we have booked for May 🙂