Tenerife...Music, Magic and Motion. Or DIY

cc cruiser

We are looking for an excursion in Tenerife.  We were there a few years ago and did a full day overview of the island, including Mt. Teide.  Has anyone been on the Celbrity excursion Music, Magic and Motion?  It sounds interesting, but I can’t find any reviews on it.  

Otherwise, we may want to do something on our own...but info is scarce.  Has anyone had a really good day DIY?

On 9/20/2019 at 1:32 AM, cc cruiser said:

We are looking for an excursion in Tenerife.  We were there a few years ago and did a full day overview of the island, including Mt. Teide.  Has anyone been on the Celbrity excursion Music, Magic and Motion?  It sounds interesting, but I can’t find any reviews on it.  

Otherwise, we may want to do something on our own...but info is scarce.  Has anyone had a really good day DIY?

Yes, we have had good days in Tenerife.  We simply rent a car and explore whatever feels right at the time.  DW and I really did enjoy driving up Mt Teide and later took a back way down from the park so we could explore other areas of the island.

Hank

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2019 at 4:15 PM, Hlitner said:

Yes, we have had good days in Tenerife.  We simply rent a car and explore whatever feels right at the time.  DW and I really did enjoy driving up Mt Teide and later took a back way down from the park so we could explore other areas of the island.

Hank

Thanks, Hank.  We will be in Tenerife on a Sunday.  It appears Cicar is not open at the cruise terminal on Sundays.  Any other suggestion?

15 minutes ago, cc cruiser said:

Thanks, Hank.  We will be in Tenerife on a Sunday.  It appears Cicar is not open at the cruise terminal on Sundays.  Any other suggestion?

ARGH!  I hate Sundays :(.  It is a problem throughout most of Europe except at airports.  I did a quick look and the only possible option might be a company called AutosPlusCar who does have a downtown office.  Here is a link to their web site:

https://www.pluscar-tenerife.com/en/offices.html   I could not tell if they have Sunday pickup/delivery at their city office and I guess the only way to be sure is to try and do a booking or give them a call (and hope that somebody speaks English).   Over the years we have actually not booked some European cruises because they would be in the wrong places on Sundays or other days of the week when we wanted to visit a site/museum that was closed on the port day.  

Hank