Snorkelling and safety equipment

MrsWaldo

Just curious,

looked at the trip for Moro Island and is says “bring your own snorkelling and safety equipment”. It implies a vest.  I remember reading somewhere that the cruise line was not allowing anyone to do water activities without a vest (it may have been on the Seabourn Board);

They don’t enforce wearing a vest do they? We’re both strong swimmers and like to duck dive.

On 9/21/2019 at 4:58 PM, MrsWaldo said:

Just curious,

looked at the trip for Moro Island and is says “bring your own snorkelling and safety equipment”. It implies a vest.  I remember reading somewhere that the cruise line was not allowing anyone to do water activities without a vest (it may have been on the Seabourn Board);

They don’t enforce wearing a vest do they? We’re both strong swimmers and like to duck dive.

Sorry cannot speak for certain on that trip, but  every snorkeling trip we've been on has required a vest.  Believe it boils down to lawyers telling the line / excursion operators to cover their rear-ends just in case.  Last one we took gave us "flat" vest you could fill with air by blowing, or leave flat to dive.  But you had to wear it.  Must admit was kind of odd to be forced to wear a vest that only "worked" if you blew it up. 

8 hours ago, mitz18 said:

Sorry cannot speak for certain on that trip, but  every snorkeling trip we've been on has required a vest.  Believe it boils down to lawyers telling the line / excursion operators to cover their rear-ends just in case.  Last one we took gave us "flat" vest you could fill with air by blowing, or leave flat to dive.  But you had to wear it.  Must admit was kind of odd to be forced to wear a vest that only "worked" if you blew it up. 

LOL  That's fine by me.... 

But how do I BYO... I wonder what they will do if we don't have one?