Unlimited Dining Package

funnychick39

Greetings,

I purchased the Unlimited Dining Package for my upcoming cruise on the Rhapsody of the Seas.

I understand that once I am onboard the ship I can schedule my restaurant choice and restaurant times based on availability but  Royal Caribbean made a reservation for the first night of sailing at 5:30 but it did not state what restaurant.

I'm assuming that when I board the ship I can choose any restaurant at the 5:30 reservation on the first night? It doesn't make sense to me for Royal Caribbean to make the 5:30 reservation without me being able to choose what restaurant. Does anyone know that has purchased the Unlimited Dining Package what happened to them the first night of sailing?

Thanks!

When we were on Harmony in Jan, no restaurant was chosen for us for night 1 and we had the UDP.  We were told that many changed their assigned restaurant and that it created havoc overall, so we were able to choose where we wanted to dine.

We were also directed to the MDR to make our reservations instead of being able to make reservations at Chops as an example. In the MDR there were crew with IPADS and they were able to make reservations for the week for us.  

We did not make any reservations for lunch as most of the restaurants weren't busy at lunch so we were able to just choose the one we wanted and walk in.