Internet upgrade? Credit for Free at Sea WiFi Package?

GlenEllen1987

Hubby and I have the 250 internet minutes as part of Free at Sea promo. Someone mentioned that we could upgrade to unlimited WiFi and the cost of the 250 minutes ($105) would be credited towards the upgrade. Called NCL and was told it could not be done prior to sailing BUT could potentially be offered on board ?  Right now my NCL vacation summary offers upgrade at $204.89 (11 night cruise). Posters on another site have reference that a $105 credit for the cost of the Free at Sea IS available by visiting internet manger on first day. Anyone have any first hand experience with this issue ?  Thanks so much. 😊

11 minutes ago, GlenEllen1987 said:

Hubby and I have the 250 internet minutes as part of Free at Sea promo. Someone mentioned that we could upgrade to unlimited WiFi and the cost of the 250 minutes ($105) would be credited towards the upgrade. Called NCL and was told it could not be done prior to sailing BUT could potentially be offered on board ?  Right now my NCL vacation summary offers upgrade at $204.89 (11 night cruise). Posters on another site have reference that a $105 credit for the cost of the Free at Sea IS available by visiting internet manger on first day. Anyone have any first hand experience with this issue ?  Thanks so much. 😊

Within the past month, they have started to offer the upgrades online prior to cruise. The 250 should credit at $125 toward an unlimited package. The cost of the unlimited package is based on number of days and type of service. 

Edited by BirdTravels

• 1 month later...
On 9/22/2019 at 4:44 PM, pixiedust777 said:

Upgraded our 250 min internet package to unlimited with streaming online.

Also upgraded our beverage package package online.

Hi, did you have to purchase the upgrade for both cruisers? I.E. pay the upgrade fee twice? Also, has anyone done the first tier of unlimited without the streaming option? Was there a big difference in speed?

15 minutes ago, Modernchic said:

Hi, did you have to purchase the upgrade for both cruisers? I.E. pay the upgrade fee twice? Also, has anyone done the first tier of unlimited without the streaming option? Was there a big difference in speed?

No. Just upgraded the one account.

Then we both used the one account for the cruise. The only glitch is only one of you can sign in at at time.

cant tell you about speed as we get the top package 

9 minutes ago, pixiedust777 said:

No. Just upgraded the one account.

Then we both used the one account for the cruise. The only glitch is only one of you can sign in at at time.

cant tell you about speed as we get the top package 

Great, thanks, I haven't cruised NCL in 20 years, since before there really was internet, so was wondering. It looks like you cannot actually buy the upgrade before the cruise, though? I am leaving Sunday, and tried to add it, and it said it was not available online. Will the cost be the same once on board? How does that work? We have the 250 freebie, and I will want to upgrade to the premium, it seems. TIA!

Just now, Modernchic said:

Great, thanks, I haven't cruised NCL in 20 years, since before there really was internet, so was wondering. It looks like you cannot actually buy the upgrade before the cruise, though? I am leaving Sunday, and tried to add it, and it said it was not available online. Will the cost be the same once on board? How does that work? We have the 250 freebie, and I will want to upgrade to the premium, it seems. TIA!

When you register your phone for the first time, the system will ask if you want the 250 min or upgrade. Pick upgrade. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Modernchic said:

You get one package per room. You upgrade the package for the room. You can share it (one device at a time). 

there is no difference in “speed”. It only enables you to use streaming ports. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1