Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
cruise_girl99

Coastal Cruise to Pitons vs Pitons cruise & snorkel RCI

Looking for some clarification. which type of boat do each of these use? I have heard about the large barge type and that is not what I'm looking for. I was hoping to snorkel/swim close to the Pitons?

20 hours ago, cruise_girl99 said:

Looking for some clarification. which type of boat do each of these use? I have heard about the large barge type and that is not what I'm looking for. I was hoping to snorkel/swim close to the Pitons?

The Piton Cruise and Snorkel notes that it uses a 50' motor boat.  And from the description, I'm pretty sure you're snorkel and swim is at Anse Chastenet beach, not in the bay surrounded by the Pitons...

The Pitons Coastal Cruise is most like a larger catamarans, and swimming is most likely at Anse Cochon aka Ti Kaye, again, not in the bay at the Pitons.. 

Both will give you beautiful views of the Pitons, but I'm pretty certain neither do the swimming or snorkel at the bay between them... .

If you're wanting to snorkel right at the foot of the Pitons, you'll probably want to book a private tour - most of them go to Jalousie Beach, which is right between the Pitons, and you can snorkel your heart out. Spencer Ambrose, Joe Knows, Serenity TVL, Real St Lucia Experience, Shashamane Water Taxi, and so forth .