Checking in at New Orleans with Dialysis supplies

cruisenewbie1

This is my first time cruising while on Peritoneal dialysis. I will be bringing boxes of fluid with me instead of having it shipped. I haven't been able to find anything stating how to check in the boxes. I can carry on my peripheral supplies but the boxes are too bulky to carry. Is there a special needs desk at New Orleans where I check in? I need to ensure that the boxes get on the ship. Can anyone tell me the procedures?

40 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1 said:

I called them first thing but they weren't aware of the procedures at the port. They told me what I need to do to get approved to travel but nothing once I go to check in. 

I have never seen a Special Needs Desk at any cruise terminal.  Hopefully someone else will know more than I do about what you need to do.  I hope it all works smoothly for you.

Check in at the wheelchair station. They will take your fluids on a dolly for you to the ship. They'll have the dog give them a quick look and then put the k9 sticker on them. They see this often, don't worry and have fun. Make sure you have the special needs portion of your booking filled out so they will be aware and ready.

• Like 1