South Beach Hotel for 1 night??

hevnsprncs

Flying in FLL @ 630 p.m. on 12/12 and staying for 1 night prior to a cruise leaving from Port of Miami. We've previously stayed at the Essex House and while it was a completely fine experience in regard to location, accommodations and breakfast included, with the sheer # of places to stay we want to consider new options and/or validate that Essex House warrants a return stay. All spots I'm considering are in the same budget (+/-$160 a night before taxes, resort fees, etc.,).

Top priorities are a great walkable location in South Beach but not surrounded by the partying when it's time to go to sleep. We would like the location to be updated and clean and not be known for "paper-thin" walls. I've seen that some offer an on site low-key bar or restaurant and that is appealing.

Here are the ones after researching that caught my eye:

The Marlin

The Urbanica Meridan (south of 5th)

Dream South Beach (not sure about noise level)

Is one of these better suited for any discernible reason? Is there one I've missed that I should consider?

TIA!

Did you look at the Catalina Beach Resort?  It is very reasonable with a rooftop pool and free drinks at Happy Hour.

The Essex House doesn't have a pool so that is a deal breaker for me.

Ditto The Marlin Hotel but it is right around the corner from The New World Symphony and their Wallcasts are an awesome way to spend the evening.

The Urbanica is on a REALLY busy street but it is walking distance to my favorite haunts in South Beach, Smith & Wollensky, Prime 112, Joes, and Montys.

I would go with the Dream Hotel because I love a rooftop pool and the hotel is close to The Deuce and Havana 1957 on Espanola Way.

15 hours ago, BlueHerons said:

Did you look at the Catalina Beach Resort?  It is very reasonable with a rooftop pool and free drinks at Happy Hour.

The Essex House doesn't have a pool so that is a deal breaker for me.

Ditto The Marlin Hotel but it is right around the corner from The New World Symphony and their Wallcasts are an awesome way to spend the evening.

The Urbanica is on a REALLY busy street but it is walking distance to my favorite haunts in South Beach, Smith & Wollensky, Prime 112, Joes, and Montys.

I would go with the Dream Hotel because I love a rooftop pool and the hotel is close to The Deuce and Havana 1957 on Espanola Way.

Thank you for the recommendations. Given that we aren't getting into FLL until 630 p.m. and only staying overnight I'm not sure we will get the opportunity to enjoy a happy hour or any sort of pool time. I will also look into the reviews of the Catalina.