Is Adventure more than just...meh?

micmacmissy

On 9/25/2019 at 12:33 AM, RCCL Fan said:

And don't forget Labadee  you avoid Labadee....  😉

LOL yes I do!  I am not a fan of Labadee!

When are you guys going on Adventure?  I'm looking at either this one or the Vision out of San Juan...

On 9/25/2019 at 4:55 PM, RCCL Fan said:

Dan, the Labadee comment is a joke between Missy (OP) and myself.    I love Labadee,  she lost a cellphone there, among other mishaps, for the bad experiences she's had there, it's not her favorite place.  I always tease her about it.

At some point I'm going to have to go back to see if I can shake off my PTSD about that day!  LOL

On 9/29/2019 at 11:10 AM, LXA350 said:

Adventure as a ship is absolutely fantastic especially after the recent dry dock....BUT avoid it together with all it's Voyager Class sisters during holiday periods when the ship will be at absolute capacity (many cabins to take more than double occupancy) since the ship received many more cabins over the past dry docks and was not designed for such a larger amount of people. You will feel this mainly in venues such as the Pool deck (sea days) and in the dinning venues (Windjammer and MDR)

Good point - we are looking at mid-January, i'm guessing most kiddos are in school so it shouldn't be an issue.

Also:  we sailed on Allure during spring break a few years back - 1,500 of the 6,000 passengers were children!  Yikes!  (It actually wasn't terribly bad - the Oasis class ships do disperse crowds really nicely.)

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from Adventure, and the only place where I notice some issues were in our cabin bathroom. Inside the sink cabinet, where the walls meet, there are stains, which look like they might have been mold at some point. And under the sink and right by the wall the grout is sparkling clean, but in the high traffic areas the grout is grungy (I have to battle the same thing at home).

I was on Grandeur and felt bored on that ship, and luckily did not have an issue here, although not as much to do as on Oasis and Allure.