Is Adventure more than just...meh?

micmacmissy

7 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

I completely understand the pizza comment.  It's the same reason I hardly ever order BBQ ribs anywhere.  They hardly ever live up to what I can do myself.  It's a passion of mine, and has been one of my favorite meals since childhood.

Love, Love, Love the 8 and 9 night ABC itineraries, but I think skipping Labadee is a negative.  (Love chilling at Columbus Cove).  The ABC itineraries out of Florida are at the VERY TIPPY TOP of our desired cruises.  (Especially if they are on a Freedom or Voyager Class ship).  Our 9 night ABC cruise this past March on the newly AMPED Navigator will be hard to ever top.  It was just simply amazing.   I'm super bummer that our spring break schedule this upcoming March doesn't line up with a week that the Adventure is doing an 8 night ABC.  We're "stuck" doing the Liberty out of Galveston to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica.  Still a decent combo and we we really like the Liberty when we sailed her early 2018.

Dan

Dan, the Labadee comment is a joke between Missy (OP) and myself.    I love Labadee,  she lost a cellphone there, among other mishaps, for the bad experiences she's had there, it's not her favorite place.  I always tease her about it.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jimnbigd said:

Another point:  I think all oasis class ships including the Symphony require reserving shows in advance (or you might not get in the show) -- I don't think the Adventure does, being a voyager class. That might make a difference.

Correct, no pre-cruise show reservations on Adventure.

On 9/26/2019 at 8:03 PM, Jimnbigd said:

Another point:  I think all oasis class ships including the Symphony require reserving shows in advance (or you might not get in the show) -- I don't think the Adventure does, being a voyager class. That might make a difference.

Yes reserving shows makes planning so much easier! 👍

23 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Sailed on the Adventure once out of Bayonne- yes IMO was Meh-  Much prefer the Oasis class.  Glad the Oasis is coming to Bayonne!  Will sail her in August.  The adventure is an Oasis wannabe-  Found it fair.

Sorry, I don't buy into that at all. The experience of the two different classes of ships is just that.... different. I think it is great that RCI's various ship classes provide different types of experiences. It gives people choices who are not all looking for the exact same type of cruise experience. I think the term wannabe implies that RCI is trying to pass Adventure off as equivalent to Oasis. And, of course, it is not. And RCI doesn't try to pretend that it is.

I certainly understand that you may prefer the Oasis experience over the Voyager class product. I would never argue your preferences.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

The adventure is an Oasis wannabe- 

That's funny.  🙂

Funny because I think the Oasis class is a step down from Voyager class.  It's all in what you're looking for in a cruise.   There are things I like better about both classes but Voyager (and Freedom) class outweighs the Oasis class for us.

Dan

• Like 3

On 9/25/2019 at 2:37 PM, GalwayGirl03 said:

The VPs are the two Ocean Panoramic Suite...1804 and 1854....full suites and sleep up to 6 with 1.5 baths...THEY ARE AMAZING!!!

Those initials are a bit confusing since there are two categories of these cabins:

Oceanview Panoramic and Oceanview Panoramic Suite.

Looking forward to the OVPS (1804) on Freedom in 2021 for just the two of us...a great deal for our B2B when they were first released. Loving the videos of this Suite.

On September 24, 2019 at 8:52 PM, John&LaLa said:

The 8 is better. Our 6 night in December is Costa Maya, Cozumel, Grand Cayman. We booked it for the VP suite.

We will be on the 8 day right when you return from yours. Thanks again for the photos of the JS on deck 11 you shared a while back. We booked based on your recommendations. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

We will be on the 8 day right when you return from yours. Thanks again for the photos of the JS on deck 11 you shared a while back. We booked based on your recommendations. 

Yea, back in January. I hope you enjoy it

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sorry, I don't buy into that at all. The experience of the two different classes of ships is just that.... different. I think it is great that RCI's various ship classes provide different types of experiences. It gives people choices who are not all looking for the exact same type of cruise experience. I think the term wannabe implies that RCI is trying to pass Adventure off as equivalent to Oasis. And, of course, it is not. And RCI doesn't try to pretend that it is.

I certainly understand that you may prefer the Oasis experience over the Voyager class product. I would never argue your preferences.

What did they call the program of upgrading the ships prior to Amped? It had something to do with adding Oasis Class features as I recall.

Maybe Bob remembers @Host Clarea

25 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

What did they call the program of upgrading the ships prior to Amped? It had something to do with adding Oasis Class features as I recall.

I don't think they had a formal name for it, @John&LaLa - I think they just referred to ships going through that set of upgrades as having been "revitalized" and going through "revitalization"

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Flyers/12028421_Revit_QuickReference_Guide.pdf

• Thanks 1

Just got off the Adventure after 21 days.  Service was better in some areas than others.  This may be our last cruise to Canada/New England on this ship as it was too cold to use the pool or even to sit in the solarium on some days.  We feel this ship would be better suited for warm weather climates.  We knew getting on the ship that they did not have covered pools but we wanted to do this itinerary.

5 minutes ago, shippmates said:

Just got off the Adventure after 21 days.  Service was better in some areas than others.  This may be our last cruise to Canada/New England on this ship as it was too cold to use the pool or even to sit in the solarium on some days.  We feel this ship would be better suited for warm weather climates.  We knew getting on the ship that they did not have covered pools but we wanted to do this itinerary.

Agreed, not the best setup for cold weather 

Dan

41 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Agreed, not the best setup for cold weather 

Dan

I can remember back in the early days of the Voyager ships people used to say that they would never leave the Caribbean because the were built for warm weather.

10 hours ago, shippmates said:

Perhalps the Anthem will be available next time, a great cold weather ship.

19 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

That's funny.  🙂

Funny because I think the Oasis class is a step down from Voyager class.  It's all in what you're looking for in a cruise.   There are things I like better about both classes but Voyager (and Freedom) class outweighs the Oasis class for us.

Dan

Loved the 12 days Ft Lauderdale to NJ via ABC islands this May, would do it again next year if my schedule allowed.  Had the added benefit of being buzzed by the Blue Angels in the local airshow while waiting for sail away.  I see Oasis class as the fat kid in school who wishes he could lose weight.

Adventure as a ship is absolutely fantastic especially after the recent dry dock....BUT avoid it together with all it's Voyager Class sisters during holiday periods when the ship will be at absolute capacity (many cabins to take more than double occupancy) since the ship received many more cabins over the past dry docks and was not designed for such a larger amount of people. You will feel this mainly in venues such as the Pool deck (sea days) and in the dinning venues (Windjammer and MDR)

17 hours ago, shippmates said:

We are taking the Snowbird Migration cruise on Oct 7.  We start in Quebec and I expect it to be pretty cool.  I agree that an open air solarium is not ideal.  However, we wanted this itinerary.  Next year Empress is doing this itinerary. . . but, from Montreal.