Questions about Independence sailing

RRFPresident

Heading out on the Independence for the East Coast Inland Waterway itinerary this November going from Baltimore to Jacksonville. This is my first time on ACL but have sailed on several of the big mainstream lines. I've read about the single meal time windows and only having a dining room option for every meal but is there anything available to snack on throughout the day? We're not really drinkers so we'd go for soda and water more often. I know it's included but is it a matter of going to a bar and asking for it or something like helping yourself from a cooler? I know that they include an airport transfer at the end. Am curious as to when we'd expect to arrive at the airport after the transfer? Thanks!

There are a variety of snacks available in the lounges. Also soda, juices, water. Just help yourself. It’s regularly replenished. Ice is available and cups. Warm cookies are brought out at 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. every day. Again, help yourself, but they go fast!

There’s an Early Riser’s Breakfast in the lounges around 6:30 a.m. You can get coffee and breakfast pastries to eat there or take back to your cabin.

There is a Cocktail hour starting at 5:30 p.m. with open bar. Soft drinks available. Hot and cold appetizers are available and plentiful. 

In the evening, during entertainment, there is popcorn, root beer floats and sundaes available and brought to your seat by some servers. Just raise your hand when you see them coming around. 

I recall it was 30-35 mins. to the airport from the time we departed in the buses to the Jax airport when I was on the Great Rivers of Florida cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, DaveinCharlotte said:

Your experience might not be the same, but on all our ACL cruises the transfer to the local airport took place between 8:00am and 8:30am, and we were at the airport shortly before 9:00am. 

Great, sounds like we'll have plenty of time to make our flight then. Thanks!