Phone on cruise

KrakedMask

I will be on the Sunrise from 11/2-11/7 with 11 others. We all plan on paying for the Carnival messenger app for the duration of the trip. With this in mind what do we have to do with out phones? We all have an iPhone so is it as simple as disabling the cellular data and leaving wifi on or do we need to put into Airplane mode and then turn wifi on when we wanna use it or can we leave wifi on the whole time onboard?

The app on Horizon last year was stellar. On Magic last week it was subpar for messaging and general hub use. We both had iphones and ran into lots of crashes and very few hub texts worked seamlessly. Two or three times it worked correctly. The rest of the time, the app had crashed in the background and we wouldn't see new messages until realizing it had crashed.

• Like 1

I can't say that we even tried to send iMessages between each other. But I know I didn't receive any of the 60 I had waiting upon my arrival back on land. I could try a test at home tonight, but I have never heard of this and I feel like it would be prevalent on the boards if it worked. iMessage is so much better than hub app chat.

Has anyone else ever heard of this setup working?