Keto diet on royal carib. Allure 9/29

ibeeznik

I’m on the coming Sunday 9/29 sailing of the Allure and am 5.5 months into my Ketogenic lifestyle. I’m down 30ish lbs and finally feel pretty cute again. I don’t want to cheat. Does anyone have any experience with this WOE while cruising? 

I have a game plan in mind and have reviewed various menus etc. but I request and welcome all tips or past experiences as guidance. 

Thank you 

I'm not on a strict Keto diet but restrict carbs. It is really easy to do on a cruise as there is a lot of choice. I always asked for extra veg instead of potatoes and steered clear of any pasta and rice dishes. If I wanted something for a dessert it would be cheese.

One of the biggest temptations was saying no to bread rolls! 

Also - it's really easy going carb free with the choice of food in the buffet 🙂

• Like 1

Its really no different than going out to eat.  Avoid pastas, rice dishes, the bread basket and ask for steamed veggies with your meals instead of potatoes.  I would also tell them to leave any sauces off your protein.  They tend to be heavy on sauces.  If you are  big salad bar person and love ranch dressing like I do, I would suggest bringing your own. I know that sounds odd but I hear the stuff onboard is like water and is pretty bad.

Congratulations by the way!  Ive been in ketosis since February 5th.  Im down about 40 pounds, my bloodwork #s are much better and I feel better than I ever have!  

Edited by ryano

How strict are you? Do you weigh, measure and use keto stix? Do you just kinda stay away from carbs? If in group two, it's pretty easy and similar to how you make your choices at home, in a restaurant, etc. If in group one, make sure to pack your keto stix. I once took a food scale to weigh. Luckily, I don't have to be that strict any longer. If you're getting the internet/wifi package using LoseIt or MyFitnessPal could help also. 

You may find good information in the Lose Before You Cruise Section!

Edited by JennyB1977