Princess cays question

zeph918

My wife and I are at grand turk right now and....my my...  this place is straight out of a dream.   

We want to take our kids on a cruise next year and thinking about where to go.   Seems like more cruises go to princess cays compared to grand turk.   How is princess cays?   Is it this beautiful? And has anyone gone snorkeling there?   We took a snorkel excursion here in grand turk and it was wonderful.    Also would like to find a dolphin swim.   Ocean world in amber cove was awesome.   Got to be pushed and pulled by dolphins in deep water.  

At first I was bummed we didnt get to go to bermuda...but we are having a blast

9 minutes ago, Theosprey247 said:

Yes it’s beautiful, not as beautiful as HMC.  The snorkeling is just ok nothing noteworthy (this was only from the shore we didn’t book an excursion).  Just like Grand Turk a perfect beach day.

Theosprey, where did you go snorkeling on Princess Cays ?  How do you book from the shore?  I am the only person from my party who wants to snorkel, so I don't want to book from the ship.  Thank you!  And also, if i can ask you another question, is there a beach or recommend destination you would suggest us to visit on that island?  

It’s a private island own by Carnival (the corporation not the line), so you’ll have to book through the ship (or maybe on the island but we didn’t do an excursion). We just walked out into the water and swam around.  The further away from the peer the less crowded it is (it can get crowded). 

• 4 weeks later...

I love Grand Turk. It's my fav place to go to just lay on the beach and play in the water. After GT, my face is Half Moon Cay. I dont know why so my carnival cruises are going to Princess Cays now. I went in May and was disappointed. We had a cabana and I thought the swimming area near my cabana was awful. A lot of big rocks. Going again in Dec (only option avail). Skipping the cabana this time. I hope I like it better.