Looking for something to do after disembark in Miami 5:00 pm flight FLL

my kids mama

Carnival has a couple of options, but I am sure there are others.  What would you do if you had a 5 pm departure out of Fort Lauderdale.  Love the beach and Cuban culture, if that helps.  Just not sure who to book through.  Must include transportation to FLL airport around 3 pm. Really not wanting to do a tour that drops you off at 1pm.  Would rather spend the time having fun than sitting at the airport. We do have FTTF if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance!

Uber or taxi from POM to South Beach, pay to store your bags at the Luggage Lounge, and then explore SB - boozy brunch, people watching, art deco architecture, beach, etc.  Grab another Uber about 2:30-3:00 and head to FLL

I agree with cruisegermany, but instead of taking a cab to MIA, if you book your car rental through National, Thrifty, Alamo, or Dollar before the cruise, there is a free shuttle from POM to MIA.  Just make sure you show the driver your reservation when boarding the shuttle.  You can even make your car rental reservation to pick up at MIA and drop off at FLL.

• Like 1

Another suggestion - rent a car for easy luggage storage and then take a Walking & Food tour of Little Havana with "Art Deco Tours" since you mentioned your interest in Cuban culture.  Last I knew, the tour was 3 hours in length and started at 10 or 11.  I found this group through Trip Advisor and they were really great.  We haven't taken the Little Havana tour yet (can never work it out with our flight schedule), but we took an evening Art Deco Cocktail tour with them 2 years ago and it was awesome.  Learned so much about the Art Deco style, tons of interesting facts, and some very tasty cocktails.  Small groups, very informative, really personable tour guide, etc.  They also offer an Art Deco tour during the day w/o cocktails and for another Cuban culture experience, they have a Cigar & Rum pairing tour.  Absolutely a great tour operation.

If you have a flight that leaves FLL at 5PM, you need to leave Miami a lot earlier than 3PM.

I took a friend to buy a car a couple of weeks ago in Miami near Hialeah and it took me 90 minutes on a Sunday afternoon to get back to Fort Lauderdale.  Traffic can be insane but plan on an hour for this trip.

Fort Lauderdale airport is very busy and you could breeze through security or spend 40 minutes in line.

I would Uber to Las Olas, have a boozy brunch outside and people watch, and head to the airport about three-ish.

If this is a Sunday, you will not find any kind of morning tour in Maimi.  Maybe on a Saturday but it would have to be an tour that is done by 1PM.

FWIW, Little Havana is a blue collar working neighborhood.  Not too many tourist sites outside Versailles and Ball & Chain.