Is it me or does staff seem miserable on Royal Caribbean?

kimstoess

On 9/27/2019 at 1:00 PM, Merion_Mom said:

Kill  them with kindness.  Smile until your face hurts.  Make their day.  🙂

Love this message and agree 100%.  I like to try and give back with a nice comment, smile, etc.  

My favorite quote is from the movie Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory... “So shines a good deed in a weary world”.  If we all focused on the good deeds the world would be less weary. 

We just did a Carnival cruise with a RCL just a few weeks later.  In terms of staff "happiness" they seemed equivalent.  I will say that on Carnival the room attendant and the head waiter confirmed our names when they met us and addressed us by name from there on.   On this RCL cruise I was only addressed by name when a security person had scanned my ID and checked my picture.   With that aside - I will say that on RCL the room attendant and head waiter both seemed a bit distracted and less social while the assistant waiter was just a joy and on top of what she did.  In comparison to Carnival where the room attendant and head waiter were both on top of it and the assistant waiter seemed to struggle.

In my experience it's been luck of the draw, though the smaller ships seem better than the larger and of the two lines we know (RCL and Carnival) there is not a clear "happier" staff.