iPhone use on Princess

EmilyColwell

Question for any iPhone users.

I'm aware that iMessage/Facetime are WiFi/data based, but I was curious is INTRANET is enough to use iMessage instead of buying the INTERNET package. To message family with iPhones and to be able to get a hold of my DH to track each other since he has an iPhone as well. I've heard one person say it worked for them in the past but never anyone to confirm or deny that in their own experiences. 

If my ship had unlimited minutes I  would buy the package, but only has set minutes for purchase which is not worth my while.

Thanks!

*I asked this in another thread but thought it might get more responses here and might help someone else in the future.

The new Princess Medallion program does have a free message function on one of the apps.  But it truly sucks since you do not get any kind of notice (on your phone) that you have a message.  The various internet message functions (like iMessage and Facetime) will only work if you are logged onto the Internet (for which you pay)...and that assumes that the Internet connection is good at the time.

Hank