FLL pre-cruise - pick up drinks - hotel

cowbana

I've seen questions asked about best pre cruise hotels in FLL near a grocery store, and the main ones I've seen mentioned are Embassy Suites and Hyatt Place.  My question is, would I do just as well to just have our Uber or Lyft driver to stop and pick up soft drinks and wine to take on our cruise? I've only used Uber once, so I'm not sure how much the wait might add to the cost.  Feel free to mention other hotels that are a very short walk to a place to purchase soft drinks and wine also.  Thanks! (never been to FLL)

We have stayed at a hotel on the 17th st. strip that Embassy Suites is on, and yes it has the conveniences you are looking for but we since discovered another area that suits us well at a better price.    Check out the Best Western Airport Cruiseport, Fort Lauderdale...there is a strip mall across the parking lot that has a grocery store, liquor store, sports bar and a very good (bare bones but great food) Greek restaurant (which is now our go to place for a quick meal the night prior to boarding.     We do back to back cruises now and return to this mall on the turnaround day to do a quick load of laundry at a laundromat in the same mall and pick up anything we may need to replenish.  

https://www.google.com/maps/place/1850+Eller+Dr,+Fort+Lauderdale,+FL+33316/@26.0974775,-80.1284976,16z/data=!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x88d900753a1b6c0b:0x4c3d67b4653f812d!2s1850+Eller+Dr,+Fort+Lauderdale,+FL+33316!3b1!8m2!3d26.0816782!4d-80.1206082!3m4!1s0x88d900753a1b6c0b:0x4c3d67b4653f812d!8m2!3d26.0816782!4d-80.1206082

Here is a map of the port area. The Harbor shops area is were there are stores for wine and such. Zoom in and all Hotels will pop up into view. Most of them along 17th street area are pretty nice to stay at.

We are huge Hyatt users and frequently stay at the 17th street location. The location is ideal for a multitude of dining options and easy access to Harbor Shops for wine and assorted snacks at Publix. Plus in case we "forget to pack" any incidentals, there's a CVS nearby, too.  We have walked to and from the shopping center a number of times, toting our wine/soda, etc. If you are planning to pick up the wine on your way to the ship, you can pre-order online to save $ with Uber wait time and at Harbor Ships, one member of your party can take care of the wine while the other dashes into Publix for soda. First decided where  you want to spend the night and then work out wine/soda details.

Darcy

Honestly, anywhere you stay will have close access to drinks and snacks.  

There is a CVS at Beach Place if you want to stay on the beach, a well stocked liquor store that sells really good booze and snacks on the corner of Las Olas and Sea Breeze Blvd down on the beach, Publix and drug stores are everywhere.  On almost every couple of blocks.