How does the tipping work on RC?

redheadx3

We have only sailed Carnival and they just add $10pp to your bill. Does RC do this or do I need to tell them to put tips on my bill. If so I just may bring extra cash so the crew can have cash without it going to RC first and end up on their paychecks. If I give cash do they provide envelops at the end of the cruise?

You will get instructions before the last day of your cruise as to how much to tip each person. You are also provided envelopes in which to put the money in. You give them out at dinner and leave the envelope in your room for the room steward.

On RCI, you have a choice. You can have them add the tips to your onboard account and you will receive vouchers and envelopes to hand out on the last night of your cruise. Otherwise, they will provide you with envelopes and you can put whatever amount you feel is appropriate for the individual people who have served you all week.

If you choose the use the voucher system, you can also put additional cash in the envelopes of those whose service exceeded the norm. The only thing you cannot do, is reduce or eliminate the tips for any of your servers. We have never found that to be a problem since the service we receive always seems to be extraordinary.

Another tipping question. We like to eat Breakfast and Lunch in the dining room. Do you tip the wait staff that serves you each day? You don't usually have the same staff helping you since you are seated in different places each time.

If you do tip at the time of service, how much would you consider to be appropriate?:)

Thanks,

Irisf

They are included in the overall tip for the wait staff. But you can always slip them a little extra cash if you want to.

We tipped with the vouchers and added extra cash to the envelopes of those we thought deserved it.

My understanding is that the voucher money is split up evenly thorughout the wait and cabin staff. But any extra cash you put in the envelope goes only to that person.

Archived