Hamburg airport to Steinwerder Cruise Centre for Grandiosa

GrandyMandy

We are on the sailing the 10 th of november from Hamburg with Grandiosa. We park Our car in Hamburg airport the 9 th of november and Take a taxi to Our hotel near to where Our ship is dokking. It Will cost around 35 euros.

2 hours ago, Preziosa said:

We are on the sailing the 10 th of november from Hamburg with Grandiosa. We park Our car in Hamburg airport the 9 th of november and Take a taxi to Our hotel near to where Our ship is dokking. It Will cost around 35 euros.

Hi ! We are on the same sailing, going on to Genoa but arriving on the morning of the 10th. However, the taxi prices to the Cruise Centre appear to be a lot more than 35euros. Is that for a regular taxi from the rank ?

Mandy

You can use the "S-Bahn" to the trainstation Hamburg-Veddel. 

"hansetix" operate multiple times on 10 Nov. a shuttle bus from "Veddel" to Steinwerder: https://www.hansetix.de/cruisegate/cruisegate-steinwerder for just 2,50€ per person (english website available, very early prebooking required, the bus has just 24 Seats!)

Edited by monsterl
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, monsterl said:

You can use the "S-Bahn" to the trainstation Hamburg-Veddel. 

"hansetix" operate multiple times on 10 Nov. a shuttle bus from "Veddel" to Steinwerder: https://www.hansetix.de/cruisegate/cruisegate-steinwerder for just 2,50€ per person (english website available, very early prebooking required, the bus has just 24 Seats!)

Thank you. Do we have to change on the S-Bahn ? If so, how simple is it ? We will have one large case and 2 hand luggage.

Regards,

Mandy

7 hours ago, GrandyMandy said:

Thank you. Do we have to change on the S-Bahn ? If so, how simple is it ? We will have one large case and 2 hand luggage.

Yes, it is very simple, usually the S-Bahn (you have to change at the main railway station) is at the opposite track. Actually your options are very limits, all kinds of UBER services are illegal in Germany and the airport is very, very far away from the cruise center which is in the middle of nowhere where most locals have never been in their lifes. Taxi for the whole trip will be hell expensive.

S-Bahn combined with this hansetix is the best bet I guess, I never heard of free MSC shuttles from the main railway station and I highly doubt this. But I don´t know.

14 minutes ago, perakcruiser said:

Yes, it is very simple, usually the S-Bahn (you have to change at the main railway station) is at the opposite track. Actually your options are very limits, all kinds of UBER services are illegal in Germany and the airport is very, very far away from the cruise center which is in the middle of nowhere where most locals have never been in their lifes. Taxi for the whole trip will be hell expensive.

S-Bahn combined with this hansetix is the best bet I guess, I never heard of free MSC shuttles from the main railway station and I highly doubt this. But I don´t know.

Salamat !

Terimah Kasii.

It appears that the S- Bahn to Veddel and then the 2.50 Euro shuttle to Steinwerder is the most inexpensive way. The latter isn't laid on by MSC.

Regards,

Mandy

Edited by GrandyMandy

13 hours ago, GrandyMandy said:

Regards,

Mandy

I think you trying to save in the wrong area, you are spending €€€000 on a cruise and trying to save about €25.

Taxi cost from Hamburg Airport to cruise terminal is about €42.50.

The problem with S-Bahn, could be travelling in the rush hour, trains full, changing trains having to use stairs to get to other platform.

Why the stress you are on holiday, taxi cost is 3 cocktails.🍹

Here you can check yourself the taxi cost:

https://www.hamburg.de/taxirechner/

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, G.M.T. said:

I think you trying to save in the wrong area, you are spending €€€000 on a cruise and trying to save about €25.

The problem with S-Bahn, could be travelling in the rush hour, trains full, changing trains having to use stairs to get to other platform.

Viele danke, aber mein Deutsch ist nicht sehr gut !

On a Sunday at 11.00 am, I don't think that there will be too much of a rush hour or full trains plus one change. However, it is good to have the information and to be able to make choices.

Grusse,  Mandy

Edited by GrandyMandy

6 hours ago, G.M.T. said:

Thank you for this link!!! I was looking at a couple of trips, (one from HAM to Lubbeck, another from Lubbeck to Kiel).  

And you are correct-with luggage, we don't want to be schlepping luggage up and down stairs to make connections.... have to admit getting too old for that.

Thanks again!

So, there you have it ! 

A helpful discussion and great information .

Thank you.

Mandy

PS. There is a great MSC info. site on Facebook, which has a lot of POSITIVE MSC pax who are more than happy to help out with questions and give reviews. 

Edited by GrandyMandy