Puerto Vallarta Christmas Eve?

knippsel

We'll be in PV on the Grand Princess on Dec. 24, sailing out at 11PM - so All Aboard 10PM or so. Are there any particular Christmas Eve events there that we might be able to visit? Hoping to experience a Posada or attend Mass, if there is one early-ish on Christmas Eve.  Is there a Christmas Fair there? Princess is just offering their "normal" excursions that day.

Since some of you are fortunate to spend the winter in PV, perhaps you might know where we can find info about holiday happenings? 

Many thanks.

Kathy

• Like 1

Very likely mass will be held in various local churches, but I am not sure if it is before midnight.

Christmas eve in Mexico is an important  family get together, having dinner and maybe a churchvisit.  Because of that  shops close early that night. 

I have never seen a christmas fair in Vallarta.

Just a mild warning.  There will likely be a shortage of taxis on Christmas eve, so if you are planning on grabbing a taxi back to the port give yourself some extra time.  As Ine said, Christmas is family time and even the taxi drivers have family.  PV also has Uber....but not sure how much you can count on that for Christmas Eve once it gets past late afternoon.  I will make an inquiry (of a religious friend) and see if I can get you some info on Mass.

Hank P

Thanks, Ine and Hank.  Hoped you both would answer.  Looks like we'll just have to pop in to the Cathedral on the day and see what might be going on. At least there might be some nice decorations.  Probably won't see too many buses (how we usually get around) later in the day, either!