Which All-Inclusive is better for us?

iluvcruises

Our cruise will be in Cozumel this November.  It is my husband, myself and our 14 year old daughter.  Want to do one of the All inclusives.  Would love to hear your views of which you liked better, Paradise  Beach or Nachi Cocom regarding food, drinks, atmosphere and distance from the ship.  Thanks for any info!  

Agree with John, Paradise would probably be better for your daughter unless she doesn’t want to mix and will be happy with wi-fi entertainment (which isn't very good unless you are in the restaurant). It is difficult to advise as it really depends on the personality of your daughter.

https://paradisebeachcozumel.com/getting-to 
-as noted wi-fi available (again mostly around pool and restaurant).

There is a big difference between the experiences at Nachi and Paradise. I don't think wi-fi would be my determining factor but there  is a significant price difference for AI, if she is likely to use the fun pass.

Plenty of places with free wi-fi available.

Edited by c-leg5

On 10/6/2019 at 6:53 PM, JohninDC said:

Your 14 year old will be bored at Nachi - choose Paradise Beach.

Food and drinks are better at Nachi, but still very good at PB (especially the taco truck!)

Eh, I wouldn't say that as a definitive thing. Depends on the kid. My daughter was 13 when we went to Nachi Cocom the last time two years ago and she loved it. Last year we couldn't get in there and went to Sancho's instead - and she hated it. She's more about just tanning and getting in the water a little and having good food and virgin strawberry daiquiris. And she's not a fan of being in a big crowd. So, Nachi Cocom really works for her.

Edited by MisterOJ2

On 10/9/2019 at 2:10 PM, MisterOJ2 said:

Eh, I wouldn't say that as a definitive thing. Depends on the kid. My daughter was 13 when we went to Nachi Cocom the last time two years ago and she loved it. Last year we couldn't get in there and went to Sancho's instead - and she hated it. She's more about just tanning and getting in the water a little and having good food and virgin strawberry daiquiris. And she's not a fan of being in a big crowd. So, Nachi Cocom really works for her.

Is Mr. Sancho's REALLY crowded when the AI is sold out? I'm leaning toward PB but I don't understand why it's so much more expensive. Is PB that much better that it's worth more than Sancho's? Or do they just have less people at PB overall and so they charge more to make up for it?

2 hours ago, mbbarron said:

Is Mr. Sancho's REALLY crowded when the AI is sold out? I'm leaning toward PB but I don't understand why it's so much more expensive. Is PB that much better that it's worth more than Sancho's? Or do they just have less people at PB overall and so they charge more to make up for it?

Mr Sanchos set a limit a few years ago when they had a few problems around Spring Break. As far as I remember they have a limit of somewhere between 300- 400. If they expect that many people they sometimes close the PAYG side and will only take AI. I have never been so I don’t know What it looks like with any given numbers.

Paradise only recently introduced AI. I haven’t heard any maximum quoted and I don’t know what sort of numbers they allow. It is a large place and packs the loungers to my mind, just like Sanchos. I would take a look at their menus on their website and see if AI really makes sense to you. I think their AI prices are high especially if you have a family and want to add on fun passes. Maybe I am just frugal but I can’t imagine paying those prices for a family in Mexico and getting my money’s worth.

i will say the facilities at Paradise are very good and clean. If I had tweens/ teens i wouldn’t hesitate to go PAYG.

Edited by c-leg5

15 hours ago, mbbarron said:

Yes. When we cruised last October I waited too late and couldn't get reservations to Nachi Cocom, so I booked Sancho's. Another family that was cruising with us tried to book Sancho's a week or so after we did - and they couldn't because it was full. I don't know what the number was, but it was really crowded that day. The chairs were packed side-by-side each other on the beach and it was basically a mess.

So, I would say C-Leg is right. I think there were probably upwards of 400 people there. Compared to what we were used to at Nachi... it just wasn't good. At all.

1 hour ago, Irishfam7 said:

How can you book Nachi? The only way I found was on tripadvisor

Welcome to the boards! 😎

We have always booked directly through their web site, paid the deposit, and then paid the balance in cash when we arrive. Great beach club!