Speciality Dining Package

Klapka

The last time we sailed on Silhouette, we were entitled to dine in any of the restaurants without charge. We enjoyed this privilege, but much preferred a couple of venues to the others. 

As we do not have that luxury next time,  I am looking to you Celebrity Experts to help me on a couple of points of detail?

If I buy package, I am told I get a saving (26% for 5 nts, for example) and I will have a "courtesy" reservation on the first night.  It seems I will be able to change that reservation once on board.  

My simple questions for those with experience of these things.

1. Can I influence the restaurant selected for the courtesy reservation before I board or do we have to take what we are offered?

2.  If I decide that we do not like the restaurant chosen by the line and the venue we prefer is full that evening, can we dine in a free restaurant that evening?

3.  Since the cover charges seem to vary from place to place, will I be restricted in the number of times we can visit any venue?  In other words, suppose, having purchased a 14 night package, I want to eat in Murano every night of the cruise,. would they let me do so - assuming there is space and I don't die of liver failure?

Thanks, guys.

We have dined in specialty restaurants exclusively for quite a few years.  Of our last 10 X cruises we have never been in the Main Dining room (MDR).   

Upon boarding go to a specialty restaurant.  They want to make a party who intends to dine with them multiple time happy.  We have purchased a 14 night package and eaten where ever we want each night.

Tell them what you would like.  The will do there best to make it happen.

Yes, on a package you can dine every night in the restaurant of your choice.  

We have always found that they are accommodating.  Just be polite and tell them what you prefer...they will do their best.

The specialty dining folks are great.   

There really isn’t a predetermined restaurant and you don’t have to go to any speciality restaurant on the 1st night if you choose not to.  When you board go tge the staff who are booking & selling speciality dining & make the reservations for the number of nights you want.  The staff is at a table near where you board, outside the Oceanview Cafe,  and at each of the speciality restaurants.

As for dining every night in Murano don’t count on prime time reservations.  On some of our  cruises the dining packages were very popular and availability was often at 6 or 9.  Other cruises they were offering discount throughout the cruise and 7-8 was available.