Celebrity Constellation was Awesome, Scootaround not so much

jpcello

My sister and I just got off a Med cruise on the Constellation. My sister uses her own mobility scooter and on Day 7 of our 10 day cruise, her charger stopped working. Ultimately we determined that a wire had fried so it was not fixable at all. Guest services on the ship was awesome. They ultimately found a charger for us that fit her scooter. Evidently someone had rented a scooter from Scootaround but never used it so Guest Services let us use the charger while we were on the ship. Our problem was that after getting off our cruise in Rome, we were spending two days touring before heading home. We called Scootaround to see if they would let us rent the charger with the option of shipping it to them once my sister got home. We also offered to buy it. The gentleman in Guest Services spoke to Scootaround customer service and was promptly to no. I asked to speak to the CSR, who told me no and wouldn't even let me talk to her supervisor. Period. That was the end of the conversation.

I've never rented anything from Scootaround so I don't know if this is SOP for them. I was just very disappointed that they refused to even discuss options. 

My sister kept the scooter fully charged when we left the ship and didn't use it until we flew home. We rented a manual wheelchair from our hotel in Rome and she got home just fine (except for being detained in Rome Airport - but that's another story)!