Does st petersburg cruise terminal have cafe

On 10/9/2019 at 7:07 AM, sverigecruiser said:

I hope that you are correct that the tourguides are allowed to change the itinerary. I have always thought that it's easier to get a "tour visa", compared to an "individual visa" , because the Russian government then know where people go and what they might see.

You say that the guides are allowed to change the itinerary  and as I said, I hope that is correct.

As far as I know, there are no strict rules regarding changes on the private tour itineraries unlike the ship ones. Private tours are very flexible and guides will happily accompany you to any place you’d like to visit. Also, I realized that St Petersburg is not easy to DIY, unlike other Baltic ports where most people speak English. I know some people did that, but within limited time a private guide would be the best option. We took a tour with one of the local tour companies a few years back and it was very well organized. We really did not have to wait in lines much and tour guide was professional and very friendly. My personal highlight of the tour was our visit to the Hermitage. Our guide took us through multiple rooms pointing out the most important details. You could tell – she loved the history, loved her job and was sincerely interested in showing us everything. We could not have asked for a more inclusive tour in our brief visit.

On 10/13/2019 at 12:00 PM, daffyraffy said:

"Traditional Russian Delicacies"..LOLOLOL  Love it...thank you for the information.

I am solo traveler so a bit nervous booking a tour off the cruise line, but so many people have recommended Alla tours and TJ Tours..kind of rethinking.  Costs are far less than the cruise line and itineraries are more inclusive.  Princess, for example, only visits Catherine Palace in the evening and includes a dinner at the palace...not really interested in a dinner though I want to see Catherine Palace...I have never been to the Baltic area, this is probably my only time, so do not want to miss "major" sites, but also don't want to do dinner at the Palace!

I appreciate all the comments.  Very helpful.

Go and check out this thread, if you haven't already, for more advice and recommendations re: booking a tour off the cruise line:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2696545-master-thread-of-st-petersburg-advice-and-recommendations-from-cruisers-whove-been/

I've booked tours off the ship in St. Petersburg twice, the most recent a private tour with Red Sun Tours. It's so easy to book with the private companies and you have many more tour options -- and you can customize a private tour if you choose! If I were the OP in this thread, my choice would have been (well, it was) to book a full-day customized private tour instead of dealing with two half-day tours.

I'm glad you've found the comments here helpful! Me, I've been casually reading this thread over the past couple of days, not because I had any real advice on finding a cafe at the terminals (since we didn't spend much time there), but I have been amused by the descent into arguments over souvenirs. (To each their own!)