Citi Cards 10% Discount Gift Cards

cucadodger

just an FYI 

Princess.com sailing gift cards today -- $25 extra gift card when you buy a $500 one. Anything above $500 is still $25 free -- so we went thru the process and bought a number of $500 cards so getting $25 card for each one. Of course charged to credit card that give us 3% back on travel.

2 hours ago, skurvish said:

Thanks for the heads up but where did you find this on Princess. I tried both the hard and e-cards and right up to payment and saw no mention of the extra $25.

went to https://www.princess.com/giftcard after ordering a $500 card and adding to the cart. On the checkout page there is a box to apply a promo code --- Bonus25 is the code -- then hit apply and it will show in the card a $25 card.

Note - the $25 card expires 1/31/20 --- the $500 one has no expiration date

8 minutes ago, jpsykes said:

went to https://www.princess.com/giftcard after ordering a $500 card and adding to the cart. On the checkout page there is a box to apply a promo code --- Bonus25 is the code -- then hit apply and it will show in the card a $25 card.

Note - the $25 card expires 1/31/20 --- the $500 one has no expiration date

fine print says one $25 card per customer --- and offer expires 12/2/19

48 minutes ago, skurvish said:

Where you able to apply these to existing bookings through your TA?

Yes we were.

Although fine print said one $25 per customer it gave us 5 of them. One each on 5 purchases of a $500 card.

All cards were applied to April's sailing yesterday.

Also - I gave wrong date in post # 29. Offer is good on purchases thru 12/2/19 --- the $25 cards expire 1/31/20. The $500 have no expiration date.

4 hours ago, Captain Pinball said:

John & Pam,

I do have kind of story and a question regarding the Bonus 25 Promotion.  

First, the question.  Can you email me at captainandmrspinball@gmail.com  to tell me how many gift cards you have received?

After reading your post I thought, "Well, that could work for me." 

I first called Princess Gift Card Support and they verified that the promotion is "'it is one per transaction."

I called my credit card company to alert them that I'd be making 20 transactions for $500 to the same company on the same day so they would not refuse the charges.  I then called my travel agent to alert them .

I then made one Gift Card Purchase through Princess by phone. I got a confirming email with confirmation number.  All's good right. I then proceeded to make the additional transaction online.  I got confirmation emails for each transaction  with confirmation numbers. However, later in the evening I got an email saying they were not able to process my order.

Even so, I got emails including three (3) Gift Cards for $500 and two (2) Bonus gift Card that stated each was worth $50. 

This morning I called Gift Card Support and learned that three transactions were valid and that the two Bonus Gift Cards for $50 were only valid for $25.  All of the remaining confirmed transactions were Voided.

My Credit Card company still shows each of the 20 transactions as "pending" but the credit card company won't reverse the charges for 7 days.

I called Princess corporate office and spoke to Ruth.  She officiously told me that they can take 10 to 15 days to notice the credit card company that the transactions have been voided so there is nothing Princess can or will do to release my pending debits. 

I am confident that eventually Princess and my bank will handle this in their own time but , hey, their offer still stands. But I want to go on with ordering more cards. Am I crazy? Yes!!!!!!!!

Len

Len, 

first - my email for Bonus Cards also said card was worth $50 but picture of card did say $25 - I checked balance on-line and it was $25. Since that is what I was expecting I figured the $50 statement was a coding mistake.

I did all transactions on-line and had 5 go thru for $500 getting 5 $25 bonus cards. Then as you I got confirmation numbers on other purchases but then got the email saying unable to process future orders. We tried using different credit cards and still got the unable to process email.

Our TA call Princess and had all the cards applied with no problems  - getting $125 credit for the 5 $25 cards. All canceled transactions have been credited back to our cards already taking only a day or two.

We have not tried again as at this point we have cards to cover the cruise and our next 2 booked cruises are on Celebrity and NCL. 

We did get a Target charge card as they give 5% discount on all purchases at Target - so we bought some cards from them on-line.

Any questions email me at johnandpamsykes at gmail dot com --- no spaces.

Looking forward this this bucket list cruise - will be visiting with our niece around the corner from you who lives in Simi Valley before the cruise.  

3 hours ago, Captain Pinball said:

Thank you for your immediate reply. It was very helpful.  

At 4:30 this morning my credit card account shows that 18 of the transactions have processed at B of A. I think that means that princess lifted the security review..  as a result of that, I optimistically anticipate receipt of the remaining processed $500 gift cards today.So I will not attempt to use a different credit card nor use Char's account to purchase any additional. I'll call Gift Card Support if I don't get the gift card emails by noon.  

My travel agent has extended my final payment date until the 9th of January.  It looks like my ducks are falling into line.

Again thank you for alerting us of the promotion and responding to my prying question.        

One last thing.  Do you think you'd be interested in sharing a limo service to and from the port? We can garage two cars here in Santa Clarita. We have used a a shuttle in Long beach for a previous LA Round Trip cruise with satisfactory results. We are about 25 - 30 easy miles from Simi Valley. Let me know if you think that would work?

Len

Len thanks for the offer --

but we are flying in and staying in San Pedro for two nights prior to the cruise. Niece will drive down to us.

Hopefully you can get all the cards - glad I could be of assistance.