Citi Cards 10% Discount Gift Cards

cucadodger

19 hours ago, cucadodger said:

Citi Cards currently offering 10% off princess gift cards, 100.00 and 500.00 available. Listed under Citideals.

I am logged into my Citi account home page and do not see Citideals.  I have a link for Citi Easy Deals and it takes me to a different web site.  Is there another place I should be looking?  Thanks.

cucadodger - Thank you for the information.  Apparently our credit cards with Citi are not eligible for Easy Deals. 🙁 According to the representative at Citi, Diamond Preferred and Simplicity are the only cards eligible for Easy Deals. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, kpauley said:

cucadodger - Thank you for the information.  Apparently our credit cards with Citi are not eligible for Easy Deals. 🙁 According to the representative at Citi, Diamond Preferred and Simplicity are the only cards eligible for Easy Deals. 

Thanks for sharing this- I was trying to get it set up hadn't gotten around to calling. You saved me a call

On 10/10/2019 at 10:56 AM, kpauley said:

might be worth getting a Simplicity card just to buy the gift cards

Not tier related.  Citi offers many different cards.  Each card that they offer has different perks and costs.  If you go to Citi's website you can see all the different type of cards you can apply for.  

Allstate rewards and AARP has been offering the same discount off and on.  There are threads about both.

Thanks!  Can anyone tell me when this might expire.  Or if it is limited number available?    
When I go to citieasydeals and hit APPLY it only brings up the Diamond card and not the simplicity.  Looks like they will have to call Citi to find out more. 

We have done the AMEX.  That is a good one, if AMEX would offer that again. 

On 10/10/2019 at 10:56 AM, kpauley said:

American Express often has a similar deal for their cardholders. Unfortunately, it doesn't apply to my AMEX card with Delta.

2 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Thanks!  Can anyone tell me when this might expire.  Or if it is limited number available?    
When I go to citieasydeals and hit APPLY it only brings up the Diamond card and not the simplicity.  Looks like they will have to call Citi to find out more. 

We have done the AMEX.  That is a good one, if AMEX would offer that again. 

AMEX deal doesn't apply to all cards, e.g., my AMEX Delta Skymiles card. Only the top tier of cards.

They don’t have an offer on AMEX right now?  Or   I just haven’t heard?   We have seen it before on our Delta.  And have gone thru the back-door to get to it when it wasn’t in our offers in our account.  But that was a year ago,  last time we cruised. 

Edited by Wishing on a star

I have tried to find out more, but been given the runaround and disconnected etc...  by both City and the Easy Deal company. 

Does anyone here have one of the cards that can access this deal, and can give more details.  Like, when does it expire?  And it looks like Travel deals are only available to Tier three.  So, it would take a billing cycle to get there. 

Can you buy several of these.

These Easy Deals don't require a certain number of points, right.

3 minutes ago, cucadodger said:

No points required. If you have used your card for over 100.00 you are already at level two, no need to wait a billing cycle.

Thank-you for the info - I used my Simplicity for a balance transfer offer and never charged anything on it, so went ahead and charged it today to get to Tier 2 next cycle. 

Thanks!  If this is considered 'Gift Cards' and not 'Travel',  then no need to make sure you get to level 3.

I would hate to recommend to somebody that they get the card, and then this Easy Deal disappears before they get thru that first billing!!!   It seems that most of these offers are a limited time.

Maybe it is XXXX number available?  So, when those many sell.

If you can buy a lot of them, this could save a good bit of money on a cruise!

Edited by Wishing on a star

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2019 at 11:11 PM, jpsykes said:

might be worth getting a Simplicity card just to buy the gift cards

Just thought I would post here my results. After reading this topic and see the quoted comment, I purchased 2 $500 gift cards. I did already have the Citi Simplicity card.  Ordered online 10/26, cards received UPS 10/31, applied 11/1 thru my travel agent and saw online they were applied to the Princess website that night also.  Not sure about the “Tiers” people mentioned, because I haven’t used this card much since opening it and that deal was available to me.   My cruise is not until August 2020, so will try again in a few months to do it again.  Like to spread out my payments. 

dd, Thanks!   We had thought about getting this Simplicity card,  if we cruise again next year. I am afraid the offer will now disappear before we got the card and could get the gift cards.   Is there any way you can tell if this offer is available, or how long it might last.  Or, how often they might offer Princess gift cards.  From what I can tell, you would have to be tier 2 to buy Gift Cards,  but you are automatically Tier 2 after you spend 100.00 in one billing cycle.   So, that could take a few weeks???  I wonder if you can can change the due date, and move up the date on your billing?