Unlimited Dining Package with kid

Hi all,

I tried searching for this, but came up empty.  We are sailing on Harmony in May and we want to get the Unlimited Dining package.  Our daughter will be 6 at that time.  According to the RC website, we need to purchase the package for everyone, but then they will "refund" the price of the package for the child in the form of on-board credit.  Then it says we will pay the $10 cover charge for a child.  I'm fine with the cover, but don't really understand the "pay now, then we give you refund later" part of this.  Has anyone done this before and can clarify the actual process?  Thanks so much... 

We have not purchased the dining package, however when we pre-book Chops for instance for 5 (2 adults & 3 kids) we pay full price upfront.  At your reservation, they will refund you the difference of the full service charge minus the $10 kids fee as an OBC for each child.  

1 hour ago, doubledown13 said:

Hi all,

I tried searching for this, but came up empty.  We are sailing on Harmony in May and we want to get the Unlimited Dining package.  Our daughter will be 6 at that time.  According to the RC website, we need to purchase the package for everyone, but then they will "refund" the price of the package for the child in the form of on-board credit.  Then it says we will pay the $10 cover charge for a child.  I'm fine with the cover, but don't really understand the "pay now, then we give you refund later" part of this.  Has anyone done this before and can clarify the actual process?  Thanks so much... 

I guess what I see on the webpage is different from what you see.  Under the Ultimate Dining Plan ---Additional terms and conditions apply.  Next is taken from that info on the site:   For Dining Packages, It is not required that children 12 and under purchase this product. Children ages 0-5 dine for free and children ages 6-12 will be charged a $10 cover at the restaurant.    

You don't make reservations when you purchase the Ultimate Dining Plan.  

This whole pay the adult price for the child and be refunded as OBC language comes into play when you are making the reservations for the restaurants as single dining experiences and not part of the package.

24 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

I guess what I see on the webpage is different from what you see.  Under the Ultimate Dining Plan ---Additional terms and conditions apply.  Next is taken from that info on the site:   For Dining Packages, It is not required that children 12 and under purchase this product. Children ages 0-5 dine for free and children ages 6-12 will be charged a $10 cover at the restaurant.    

That makes sense, but when buying the package, you are able to choose the time for your night 1 reservation.  How will they know to book the three of us, and not just my wife and myself since that is what was purchased?

1 minute ago, doubledown13 said:

That makes sense, but when buying the package, you are able to choose the time for your night 1 reservation.  How will they know to book the three of us, and not just my wife and myself since that is what was purchased?

Unless things have changed since Jan when we cruised on Harmony, no reservation was made for us for night 1.  I asked about it and was told many people did not want the restaurant that was chosen for them and changed when onboard.  This resulted in distorted inventory for those trying to make changes/reservations.

When you make your reservations, you just need to advise the person taking the reservations  you will have a child along with you and you will be charged accordingly as long as the child orders from the kids menu.  If for some reason, a reservation is made for you for night 1 and it's a restaurant you'd enjoy, just notify the restaurant before the reserved time  there are 3, including a child, and your table will be set properly for the 3 of you.

3 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

Unless things have changed since Jan when we cruised on Harmony, no reservation was made for us for night 1.  I asked about it and was told many people did not want the restaurant that was chosen for them and changed when onboard.  This resulted in distorted inventory for those trying to make changes/reservations.

When you make your reservations, you just need to advise the person taking the reservations  you will have a child along with you and you will be charged accordingly as long as the child orders from the kids menu.  If for some reason, a reservation is made for you for night 1 and it's a restaurant you'd enjoy, just notify the restaurant before the reserved time  there are 3, including a child, and your table will be set properly for the 3 of you.

Excellent.  Thanks for the info.

We bought the UDP for our upcoming Harmony cruise.  Prior to purchasing I called and inquired about the need to purchase for children.  I was told there was no need to purchase a package for any children they would just be charged the $10 fee each timed they dined with the rest of the party in a specialty restaurant.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, doubledown13 said:

You just select your time when you purchase the package.  When you get onboard and make your actual reservation you get to pick the time and restaurant.  You won't be stuck to the time that you chose with the package.  When you reserve onboard you can add the kiddo.

My twins are 8 . I thought about ordering the UDP for my 10 night cruise on Ovation. 

But I'm not keen with the kids eating hamburgers and hotdogs every night . On NCL the dinners from kids menu wasn't the most healthiest.