Santos to GRU transfer 6 December 2019 MSC Seaview

Toby NZ

Hi.

We are on the Seaview from Barcelona (16 NOV) to Santos arriving on the 6th of December.  We are flying from GRU mid afternoon and looking at how to do the transfer.  MSC/travel agent quoted $107pp for their transfer which seems a lot for a bus.

Does anyone have any advice on other options or is anyone on this cruise and wants to consider hiring a transfer as a larger group please post here.

It looks like we could take a taxi to the bus station and take one of many buses

https://www.checkmybus.com/#departureDate=2019-12-06&origin=Santos%2C%20Brazil%24-23.965908%2C-46.327261&destination=Guarulhos%20Airport%2C%20Brazil%24-23.4328121976239%2C-46.4748930931091&sortValue=Price&sortOrder=ascending&radius=15&adults=1

Has anyone done this or know of another service that goes straight from the port which isn't run by MSC?

Cheers Toby.

Hi Toby

I have been looking at the reverse situation as I will be travelling from GRU to Santos on a repositioning cruise next March.

From what I can see the buses are frequent and cheap. About R$31 per person. I live in Brazil and the buses are reliable, comfortable and very affordable.

The company I am looking at is Cometa bus which appears to have a frequent service during the day. It doesn't have schedules more than two months in advance though.

I'll try to find a link for you in the next day or so.

Regards

11 hours ago, Toby NZ said:

Hi.

We are on the Seaview from Barcelona (16 NOV) to Santos arriving on the 6th of December.  We are flying from GRU mid afternoon and looking at how to do the transfer.  MSC/travel agent quoted $107pp for their transfer which seems a lot for a bus.

Does anyone have any advice on other options or is anyone on this cruise and wants to consider hiring a transfer as a larger group please post here.

It looks like we could take a taxi to the bus station and take one of many buses

https://www.checkmybus.com/#departureDate=2019-12-06&origin=Santos%2C%20Brazil%24-23.965908%2C-46.327261&destination=Guarulhos%20Airport%2C%20Brazil%24-23.4328121976239%2C-46.4748930931091&sortValue=Price&sortOrder=ascending&radius=15&adults=1

Has anyone done this or know of another service that goes straight from the port which isn't run by MSC?

Cheers Toby.

Welcome to CC.

Also post your question on the South American Ports of Call board. There you will get passengers from other cruise lines.

Also try Tripadvisor.

15 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

The bus station in Santos is not at the port. You will need to take a taxi from the port to the bus station. Another possibility is to take a taxi directly to the airport. It costs more but it is more convenient.

This is true and what I did last December on my arrival in Brazil but it cost R$400 which was around €100 at the time.

I appreciate everyone has different priorities and convenience over cost can be worth more to some.

You pays your money and takes your choice 😉

Edit to add that the R$400 was for a Mercedes 7 seater with 4 people and a lot of luggage as we were moving to Brazil so I wouldn't have considered the bus at that time.

Edited by rool

I don't want to come across stalky 😁 but by pure coincidence I just this minute had an email from booking.com taxi that quoted €60 for us from GRU direct to our hotel in Santos.

I ran your dates for 2 people in a standard taxi and it returned a price of €74 from port to airport. It can be cancelled up to 2 days prior.

I have to say I am tempted by that.

• Like 2

Thanks, Rool,

I'll check out the cab option.....i didn't know bookings.com did pre-booked cabs.

The bus timetable for 6th December has just become live but i  now don't think I'm going to convince my wife to do the 'random unknown bus-station with suitcases and time constraints' thing...oh well.

thanks again.

booking.com taxi looks good and about half the cost of the ships transfer.😀

Does anyone know if. "Santos port With Export - Rua do Comércio - Centro, Santos - State of São Paulo, Brazil". is the cruise port?  It is the best pick-up option i can find in the bookings.com system.

Cheers Toby.

I did a bit more research. If you type in Giusfredo Santini the following option should appear

hotel.svg

Giusfredo Santini - Avenida Cândido Gafre - Docas, Santos - State of São Paulo, Brazil

Giusfredo Santini

If you Google map it it shows as the passenger terminal in Santos.