Carnival Horizon - window viewing

beshears

I'm just curious about something, and thought I would ask those of you who have been on the Horizon since it has come out.

I thought someone said there were not very many windows to look or view out at the ocean, etc. while cruising, where you could sit and relax.  Is this true on the Horizon?  I have done many ships, and probably for the last 10 years Carnival ships.  I know on at least a couple decks "inside" where you could relax or read, they always had plenty of windows where you could look out as well.

There weren't many "inside" viewing areas with windows.  However, there is a fantastic area that pretty much runs the length of the ship on Deck 5, called the Lanai.  There were some seating sections that were more covered there, but you are on an open deck.  I really enjoyed sitting out there. 

DramaQueen22, thank you for your reply.  I will try to check out this area as I've been on so many ships where there was plenty of sitting to read, people watch, etc., and still have the large windows at your back to look out. 🙂

On 10/12/2019 at 11:04 AM, DramaQueen22 said:

There weren't many "inside" viewing areas with windows.  However, there is a fantastic area that pretty much runs the length of the ship on Deck 5, called the Lanai.  There were some seating sections that were more covered there, but you are on an open deck.  I really enjoyed sitting out there. 

Yeah the Lanai is great, my family spent plenty of time out here, they have chairs and also the beds? that they have on the serenity minus the top where you can lay and relax. The only place I can think of that is covered is the seating areas on the Lido deck. On the aft of the ship by the Pizzeria Del Capitano and the seafood shack there are some good covered seating areas they are before you get to the tides pool on either side. Unfortunately the Library bar and Piano bar where you might get some peace and quiet during the middle of the day are on deck 5 with the Lanai. You could try and find a spot on the Lanai near one of them and if the weather turns then come inside one of the bars. The glass wall around the Lanai on deck 5 is probably 6-7 ft tall so I didn't feel like wind was much of a problem and there is plenty of foot traffic for people watching. If I remember correctly some of the out croppings also have tables with umbrellas. Hope this helps. Sorry if its scatterbrained and all over the place lol.