Disembarking in BCN on NCL Epic

Kayola

Hi All!

Through my own mistake, I scheduled our flight out for the same day we disembark, instead of the day after as I'd intended.

I contacted NCL and the lady seemed to think we could make our 10am flight to ZRH, but I am nervous.

Does anyone have insight as to the earliest time they could get off the ship in BCN?

Tips for getting to the airport super fast?

TIA! 

We disembarked the Epic in Barcelona on Sept 22.   The disembarkation flier said if you carry your own bags off, you could leave at 5:45am.   I think you will need to be off the ship with that group if you intend to make a 10am flight.  It's a 20 minute ride to the airport and it's a busy airport.  

There was a taxi line. Fixed fare is 39E.   Early on the taxi line was short and moved quickly ( as we observed at 7:30am).  Good luck !

• Like 2

We had the exact same timing issue in July - departing the Epic in Barcelona.  Since I was the planner/point man on this trip, I mad sure everyone was up and at ‘em very early.  We took the elevator down (deck 5 or 6? I can’t remember!) around 5:30.  I was paranoid about the timing!!!  We were at the airport by 6, through security quickly, and had a very long wait for our flight.  

You’ll be fine.  Plenty of time.  I wouldn’t push it.  We were amongst (if not the) first off.  Taxi was waiting.  No problem at all.

Our connection to JFK in London, however, was another story.

Edited by Maleficent's Dad
  • Like 2

Make sure you are off as soon as they allow you to. When we got off on September 22 around 8:45 there was a line that took about 35 minutes to get a cab. Luckily we were going to a hotel so it wasn’t a big deal for us, but if you need to catch a flight it could be a problem. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kayola said:

Hi All!

Through my own mistake, I scheduled our flight out for the same day we disembark, instead of the day after as I'd intended.

I contacted NCL and the lady seemed to think we could make our 10am flight to ZRH, but I am nervous.

Does anyone have insight as to the earliest time they could get off the ship in BCN?

Tips for getting to the airport super fast?

TIA! 

No problem. There is no customs or immigration. As fast as you can walk off the ship, you’ll be in a taxi. Make sure to have euros. 

• Like 1

Just got off the Epic yesterday in Barcelona. We had a 10:40AM flight.

Since I have Gold Latitude status, was able to get priority luggage tags from the Cruise Next desk. Walked off the ship at 6:30AM, picked up our bags in the terminal, got a taxi and was at the airport a little after 7:15AM. Even had plenty of time to use the VAT tax refund kiosk and do some last minute shopping near our boarding gate.

• Like 1