Armonia leaving tomorrow ask away...

mwhite991

Did you happen to do the Aurea experience?  We only have experience with YC to date.  DW is wondering about the Deck 13 area, as she prefers to spend hours in the sun.  I am curious about the culinary experience and shows.  Thanks, John

There are two pools plus the splash park for kids which is just as big area wise as each of the other pools, of course not as deep, maybe six inches if that. We sailed Armonia is September.

Edited by cellfree
more clarification

2 hours ago, lifeasme123 said:

How many pools are there? Was the splash park for kids decent size?  

Any place open late for snacks?

The buffet and/or Pizza is open for 20 hours per day. I did eat pizza a couple of late evenings.

1 minute ago, lstockford said:

Best shows?? Did you do any of the movies?? Did you do any excursions through MSC and what was your experience.  Cruising for the 1st time with MSC on the Armonia in March.

I did not go to the movies but they had a variety available . I enjoyed the cruise staff shows and some of the acrobatics. The excursions I did threw the cruise line were great. They 20 per cent off for booking prior was a good value.  I especially liked that you met the excursion on the cruise ship and not out in the hot sun . It was very well organized. Which islands are you visiting?

24 minutes ago, mwhite991 said:

I did not go to the movies but they had a variety available . I enjoyed the cruise staff shows and some of the acrobatics. The excursions I did threw the cruise line were great. They 20 per cent off for booking prior was a good value.  I especially liked that you met the excursion on the cruise ship and not out in the hot sun . It was very well organized. Which islands are you visiting?

We are visiting Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Costa Maya and Ocean Cay - we have been to all (with exception of Ocean Cay) but we’re going to book excursions through the ship because of time constraints and price.

Also - I have been reading SUCH bad reviews lately on MSC Armonia.  Is it bad?? What other cruise lines have you sailed?

Thank you in advance.

1 hour ago, lstockford said:

We are visiting Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, Costa Maya and Ocean Cay - we have been to all (with exception of Ocean Cay) but we’re going to book excursions through the ship because of time constraints and price.

Also - I have been reading SUCH bad reviews lately on MSC Armonia.  Is it bad?? What other cruise lines have you sailed?

Thank you in advance.

Ochoa Rios we did river tubing (loved it). Grand Caymen we did the sting Ray's (loved it) in Costa maya we took a taxi to the beach . I think it was 5 dollars. It was a very nice day and the beach was empty. We had food and drinks and a great massage for 20 dollars. We loved the cruise..The staff reallty made the difference .There are no zip lines or water slides. It depends on what your looking for. The boat was very easy to navigate.i have been on about 18 cruises and I am 60. We have been on some of the larger boats but now prefer the smaller ships. There were definitely some negatives but the positives outweighed them

• Like 1

That is awesome news.  We have done small and large ships.  I am just looking for a relaxing trip.  I will be traveling with 3 children (2/10/12) and my parents (in their 60’s).  We couldn’t beat the price and know that the kids will love the excursions (we plan to do the falls and stingray city).  I know the ship will not have all of the bells and whistles of the newer ships.  However, some reviewers act as though the ship Just horrible and food inedible.  I am going with an open mind that even my worst cruise is better than work for the week lol.

Be encouraged. We found ship extremely clean and relaxing. Room steward and Dining servers were excellent. Our food was great and the one time I had a tough steak our server brought me a different choice. No complaints whatsoever. It is going into Dry Dock in November - surface about poolside does need changing out. Otherwise we found carpeting/flooring throughout the ship clean and seemed fairly new to us. We would not hesitate to cruise on Armonia again. It always amazes me how people can have such different experiences. Enjoy!

• Like 1

We loved the ship.  It's a relaxing ship.  Tastefully decorated, lots of comfy seating in lounges.  No bells & whistles.  Unless you have a suite, the cabins are very small, but the storage is good.  Inside, OV & balconies all the same size.  Lots of tables for families/groups.  Lots of Europeans.  Two evenings they had the kids from the club up on stage dancing.  Before the evening show.  One night it was to Happy, the other to Baby Shark.  There is a lovely splash pad for toddlers, and shallow pools, but they are supposed to be potty trained...But I did see parents carrying their non-trained tots around on the splash area.  EM

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, lstockford said:

That is awesome news.  We have done small and large ships.  I am just looking for a relaxing trip.  I will be traveling with 3 children (2/10/12) and my parents (in their 60’s).  We couldn’t beat the price and know that the kids will love the excursions (we plan to do the falls and stingray city).  I know the ship will not have all of the bells and whistles of the newer ships.  However, some reviewers act as though the ship Just horrible and food inedible.  I am going with an open mind that even my worst cruise is better than work for the week lol.

11 minutes ago, remaxlu said:

How quickly did you get your bags? On other cruise lines I usually carry my own bag onto the ship but I don't believe with MSC we have the option. thanks

We carried our carry on.   The big luggage we didn't want to lug it so we drop it at curbside

On 10/14/2019 at 11:52 AM, mwhite991 said:

I think the dry dock is November 19th. I could be off a day or two. I would definitely do the cruise again. It is a older smaller ship but the staff aboard was phenomenal!!!!!

Any idea what they are doing for dry dock?

2 hours ago, remaxlu said:

How quickly did you get your bags? On other cruise lines I usually carry my own bag onto the ship but I don't believe with MSC we have the option. thanks

The bags came quickly. It was before we departed. Our rooms were ready before 2