New Years Eve on NCL/Breakaway

Cool Cowie

25 minutes ago, Cool Cowie said:

All,

tried to search but curious to what NCL does for NYE?  Big parties?  Specialty menus?  Do most pax dress to the nines?  Any feedback or pics would be awesome.  I will be on the Breakaway on the 12/28 sailing.

We were on breakaway a few years back for New Years. They had a party on the main deck with a countdown on the big tv screen. As far as dress just like every NCL cruise. Anything goes. Some were dressed to the nines some were in shorts and baseball caps. 

we were on the Dawn last year for NYE- they had some special things in the main dining room and noise makers were passed out, hats too I think, and a party on the pool deck.  I don't recall whether people were more or less dressed up- but I think that varies with each cruise anyway.

on the Epic last NYE and they had parties in various places with different themed music in each.... they brought around champagne right before countdown - i was in the atrium at midnight and they dropped balloons from the ceiling... people were mostly dressed up... and we had noisemakers and hats...

we love NYE on board.  Gem did it up right.  Parties all over the ship for every age/genre.  Most were dressed up.  Big balloon drop.  the best was that ship's midnight was an hour ahead of NYC.  so we partied at ship's midnight then did it all again at 1am (midnight in NYC).  even the captain showed up in one of the clubs to party!  it was the best!

our experience on Escape was fun, but not as well done as Gem.